MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Advice, help needed

Advice, help needed (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Advice, help needed (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Advice, help needed

@croozer you maybe a certain calibre of chap but tbh i really dont think that its a great idea suggesting to someone on open forum to take the action you have done. So perhaps a bit of common sense should come into play.

I would imagine there are a reasonable number of people on site that know someone who knows someone but would not put it out there for the whole world to see, let alone say they would do it!

The problen here is that the female in question has no paperwork, no idea of the Reg No. and left a bike garaged for over two years without any written agreement in place. Does she even have a receipt showing she purchased the bike? From what has been said i doubt it. Therefore she (not her husband) should be seeking legal advice and dealing with the matter once she is aware of her legal status in this matter. Not getting herself or her husband and/or friends into a whole heap of trouble with the police because they 'got even'!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/08/2015 18:43  

You say to seize back your own property is "simply not an option", well, I disagree.

Who said anything about getting into trouble? If no threats of violence are made and you take your own video footage to dispute any such claim, there is nothing to get into trouble for. The 'heavies' are there to simply to prevent any violence starting whilst the property is being removed.

Opinions were asked for and opinions have been given, what action is actually taken is no concern of mine.

I am not giving instructions to anyone, just as you are not giving expert legal advice......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/08/2015 19:29  

Bored now. Lets just drop this convo.

@Marwinn, good luck to your wife in her endeavours.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/08/2015 19:38  

In all of this one thing comes to mind. ...

If he gives you an invoice for 'storage' of your wife's bike BEFORE any money changes hands, then surely that is tantamount to admitting that the bike is hers, regardless of his saying that the bike belongs to him after storing it for X amount of time.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/08/2015 19:43  

sell the bike to the biggest meanest biker you can find' give him a receipt for £1.I,m sure your wifes ex will gladly give him the bike. Ok you lose the bike but you can laugh over a pint.

Update Reply
chirpy1 @ 04/08/2015 17:21  

If the CAB were of no real help, make enquiries at solicitors, as most offer the first hour free of charge.

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 07/08/2015 20:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email