MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Driverless cars, good or bad for motorcyclists.

Driverless cars, good or bad for motorcyclists. (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Driverless cars, good or bad for motorcyclists. (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Driverless cars, good or bad for motorcyclists.

Who would you claim of if the worst was to happen the driver wouldnt be drivin, manafacture? I know they have sensors to pick up things in front and behind but electrics can fail.

Update Reply
rileymtr @ 24/02/2015 12:22  

Well let's see, would it be better to have driverless cars or have eejits like the two I had yesterday, one on the phone texting (yes, swore at her) or the other driver who was driving whilst tapping away on their tablet (swore a lot worse at them), both of whom were totally oblivious to anything around them and were all over the show.
Still think the better way forward would be for everyone to learn to ride a motorbike before they learn to drive a car.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 24/02/2015 12:52  

I cant believe you swore at a car driver rb lol.
Majority of car drivers have no idea whats going on around them, yep i agree get people on a bike first gives you better awareness.

Update Reply
rileymtr @ 24/02/2015 13:01  

Why would anyone want a car that drives itself? I certainly dont see the point in owning a vehicle I dont have to drive! I dont take taxis if I can help it, relinquishing control over my journey is an alien concept to a professional driver.

Update Reply
Double six @ 24/02/2015 14:46  

Why would anyone want a car that drives itself? I certainly dont see the point in owning a vehicle I dont have to drive! I dont take taxis if I can help it, relinquishing control over my journey is an alien concept to a professional driver.

Update Reply
Double six @ 24/02/2015 14:46  

PB....exactly what I have said in the past.....yes to bikes first!
It's the only way to make drivers bike aware.
Changing the subject I know,but we know it makes sense :)

Wasn't these cars first shown on 'Tomorrow's world", Many years ago??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2015 15:09  

Just to correct my last post.....the idea of these cars......and not first shown. :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2015 15:10  

I thought all cars were driverless. Well it seems that way in London.

For this to happen, all vehicles would need to be driverless and I can't see that happening.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 24/02/2015 18:28  

To the govt- you can have control of my vehicle when you remove my cold, dead hand from the throttle

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 19/03/2015 21:40  

To get back on topic- The only way that I can see driverless cars working properly is on a motorway that is only used by driverless cars, there are just too many variables otherwise.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 19/03/2015 21:52  

Hmmm, not a bad idea actually, can't be any worse than most of the car drivers on the roads now...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2015 12:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email