MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

1st october. Tax Disk.

1st october. Tax Disk. - Forums [Biker Match] 1st october. Tax Disk. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

1st october. Tax Disk.

Just an FYI for those living on the moonFrom Wednesday 1st October you no longer need to display your current tax disk.Under the new tax system The process of selling your bike will change. Any remaining road tax will not transfer to the new owner with the bike.Instead, the seller will be able to get a refund on any remaining tax on the vehicle. While the buyer will have to pay to re-tax the bike.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 29/09/2014 18:37  

Aye, and don't buy your bike/car/whatever late on in the month as the new tax will start on that date, but still end at the end of the month however many months you buy, so you'll lose the portion of the month that's already gone by.... It's a bloody rip off!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/09/2014 18:56  

It's always been like that MrMike

Update Reply
JP @ 29/09/2014 19:52  

not if you were buying a bike that still had tax left on it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2014 09:29  

There must be a government department devoted to finding lots of little stealth tax methods of ripping off the population. Passport photo for a one day old baby is a classic. Photo license every five years is another.

Gonner leave mi tax disc on till it runs out. Don't trust the buggers.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 30/09/2014 10:00  

I just bought a new car a week ago and i was issued with a black & white tax disc just to show the wardens / police that it was a legally taxed vehicle .
I can throw it away tomorrow

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2014 10:05  

Oh well, save a couple of grams of weight when I get rid of the tax disc holder, the makers will be gutted.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2014 10:51  

It's all about making money for the goverment. They get one months double tax for every vehicle that changes hands. Even if you buy a vehicle on the 1st. of the month. The original owner will be charged tax to the end of that month and you pay tax for the same month.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 30/09/2014 16:47  

Under the old system if you sent your tax disc back it was the same. only change is you now have to insure your bike or car to get tax. The tossers cant buy a car or bike with 12 months tax and drive round without getting insurance upfront even if they cancel it after they have to pay for some. Yes there saving a shed load of money on printing postage and admin but I would rather see the money saved and maybe have a bit left over to pay a nurses wages. Lets try not to send this down a route off topic

Update Reply
JP @ 01/10/2014 09:47  

I like it its about time we made it harder for people to drive un insured.

Which as JP says people do, they buy a car with tax and just drive it.

As for displaying the tax. Do many people realy bother? Personaly non of my bikes have had a disc displayed on them for well over 20 years now.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2014 12:17  

The only let down to all this is the enforcement of it, it will only trigger on an ANPR (Automatic Number Place Recognition) camera. That is all good but not enough cops or DVLA enforcement teams out there to catch them even if they ride past a camera.

As step backwards methinks in some respects but bikers are the worst culprits per head for not taxing bikes than any other road user sadly...... nice winters day ach get bike out for a blast bugger the SORN

Update Reply
madscots @ 05/10/2014 01:33  

The ANPR is already there and has been for some time in the Citys

Update Reply
JP @ 05/10/2014 17:58  

still needs someone to work them and enforce it.

static ANPR equipped cameras on city streets is for Police use not DVLA so an untaxed car won't be high on priority list sadly

Update Reply
madscots @ 05/10/2014 18:43  

Sell the vehicle on the 1st of the month, and make a SORN declaration at the same time. That way you wont have to pay the tax for that month, the new owner will.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/10/2014 13:03  

Burn all the vehicles. BURN THEM ALL!

;)

Update Reply
MjN @ 15/10/2014 20:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email