MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Deauville fuel pump contact set trouble?

Deauville fuel pump contact set trouble? - Forums [Biker Match] Deauville fuel pump contact set trouble? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Deauville fuel pump contact set trouble?

Has anyone else experienced trouble with non delivery of fuel to the carbs, due to burnt-out contacts in the electric ( solenoid-type) fuel pump on a Honda Deauville ( or any other model) ? The dealer-suggested fix is a new fuel pump, (££££££ 200) ! but it should be possible just to change the contact set, since there is nothing else wrong with the Mitubishi pump. I was in the RAC, prior to having this problem, and called them out, only to get a 2 hour wait, to be told that " we don`t fix bikes by the side of the road, have to get it recovered". Since I didn`t have recovery cover on my membership, he bid me good evening, and f***** off, leaving me there in the middle of the night! That`s service for you, right? Titusagrippa, aka Bill

Update Reply
TitusAgrippa @ 18/12/2013 22:19  

Take the pump off and fix it mate If you cant do a local auto electrician will do it for a LOT less than £200 Maybe a tenner But no more than £20 Oh ......... & f**k the RAC off & join the AA I got membership with me Carol Nash insurance I had a "roadside" repair on a 30 year old SR 250 Yam

Update Reply
Emzed @ 18/12/2013 22:43  

A friend of mine called the RAC out after exiting a roundabout backwards in her BMW (diesel spill not driver error)-they wouldn't recover her the 2 miles back home and left her by herself at 6am-supposedly don't recover 'accident damaged'-car wouldn't drive due to bent rear suspension-Emzed's right,go with the AA!
Bet the pump components are the same as some jap tin box,the Peugeot 107s we work on have Japanese electrics.Get part number off pump and go ebay hunting.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 19/12/2013 09:36  

same thing happened to my deauville so I got a second hand one off ebay and its done 3000mls since. As a get you home repair if you bypass the pump by connecting the carb pipe to the filter the deaville 650 will run as long as the tank is more than half full.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 19/01/2014 14:29  

Cool! thank you all for your comments! Since my incident with the fuel pump, I have found a couple of suppliers of replacement contact sets. (£20) Apparently this pump is made by Mitsubishi, and is used in a whole load of Jap bikes, not just Honda. Cheers! (Oh and I AM with the AA now!)!

Update Reply
TitusAgrippa @ 13/04/2014 17:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email