MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Active members

Active members - Forums [Biker Match] Active members - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Active members

Hi all. After doing a local search, a good 50% have not used the site for over three weeks. Could it be possible to have a time limit on non paying members, before there profile is removed. So that we are not looking at peeps who no longer use the site. I know they can disable their profile, but probably do not. I know it would lower the figures on the user side, which might not look so good for the site ? But would waste less time nodding etc and waiting for a reply that is not gonna come.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/12/2013 13:43  

I guess this is a mod question Also people are non paying for several reasons. I know I signed up as a non paying when i first found the site as I wanted to see what it was like and if it was for me. I think I was a standard (non paying) member for a few months before I took the leap and paid my subs. A good way of "weeding" out those who haven't been on for a while is when you do the search, there is a "in the last" section, which includes the last 7 days, a month, 3 months, 6 months and anytime (although probably different wording). Hope that helps.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 17/12/2013 13:58  

Daz, good idea but a lot of unnecessary fiddling with the site. Best thing to do when searching profiles is look directly under the profile phote, it tells you if they are a standard (non paying ) and a full (paid up) member, that way individual members can then decide wether to pm or nod.
Personally I tend not to try to contact anyone who isn't fully paid up as it turns out to be a fruitless task.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/12/2013 15:01  

Done a search within fifty miles of me, two ladies active. Hmm lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/12/2013 15:06  

What were they doing? Dirty girls

Update Reply
simple1 @ 17/12/2013 15:45  

Lol at Simon

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 17/12/2013 17:28  

use it or lose it should be the way on here

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/12/2013 17:32  

it wasent me im a good girl me

Update Reply
kaycat @ 17/12/2013 23:11  

Bwahshahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Update Reply
simple1 @ 18/12/2013 07:40  

snigger simple 1

Update Reply
kaycat @ 18/12/2013 09:20  

You simply need to press Advanced Search and then filter it by those who have logged in within a specific period of time. That filters out all the "inactive" accounts for you.

There's really no need to delete people who are inactive. It would create unnecessary problems for example with forum topics, events etc started by people in the past which may or may not still be in use now.

So if you don't want to see them, simply fill in the search form correctly.

Cheers

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/12/2013 20:57  

I search for members active in the last month, which seems fair. It's not always possible to be online every night or day. But I do like to think my nods and PM's will be seen relatively soon. :}

Update Reply
LadyMiss Suz @ 04/03/2014 08:23  

wow matt nice to see that your still Active, just a shame you don't pick-up your mail I sent you

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/03/2014 12:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email