MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Levellers

Levellers - Forums [Biker Match] Levellers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Levellers

looniebiker: Question-- ive got two tickets for Levellers 20th December its at Manchester Accademy, I dont know the city at all - is it part of a University and is there an IbIS hotel nearby?? Bought a second ticket for a friend but she cant make it - if you wanna come along let me know!! Rich

Update Reply
looniebiker @ 25/10/2013 13:51  

http://www.ibis.com/hotel-directory/gb/europe/united-kingdom/manchester/manchester-hotel.htm

Or

http://www.starstay.co.uk/hotelsnr_2870/hotels_near_bridgewater_manchester_hospital_1.htm

It is walkable, about 20/30 mins or so, however loads of buses from
Piccadilly Gardens. 41, 43, 143, 42, 142. Get a day rider any bus...means you can use either bus company

There are two bus companies, Stagecoach and Finglands. finglands is a tad cheaper if you do a single fare. They are usually really frequent as its the student run.

I think you need to get off at the bus stop at the Holy Name and The Academy is opposite. Its the one after the Manchester Museum. Going back into city centre, you can get any bus.

Taxis can be a bit expensive for such a short hop.

Hope that helps.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 25/10/2013 15:49  

@looniebiker ... Another fella with fab musical taste. Yay!

If i wasnt going to see em in nottingham rock city on 19 dec i would rip ya arm off for the ticket. Been to academy on numerous occasions really good smallish venue, v close to uni and a steady walk to train station about 10 mins.

Try pm triple955 he is a massive levellers fan just like me n he will ni doubt be going and may know someone who will want a ticket.

Have a fab time, i will let ya know what i thought about the gig on 19 dec!!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/10/2013 20:54  

sore them cupple of years ago in Liverpool top band you will have a great time hugs x
rb is rite about everything she put she like a sexy Google page welcome to bm x

Update Reply
kaycat @ 25/10/2013 21:15  

LOL K, at your 'sexy google' comment

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/10/2013 21:58  

I'm like a sexy google page ....woohoooooooo (equally as sexy on other search engines lmao)

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 25/10/2013 23:14  

PML Here Jo, behave, give the rest of us a chance

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/10/2013 23:19  

Yep I'm going too...just bear in mind it'll be the mad Friday before Christmas,so Manchester will be really busy...you may have to book hotels early..

Update Reply
Triple955 @ 26/10/2013 07:16  

good point Triple955 cant think of anything better to do thou sound like a great time will be had by all

Update Reply
kaycat @ 26/10/2013 13:32  

@Triple955, I can't wait I'm sooooooo excited it seems like ages since I last saw em ... giddy kipper

Hope you enjoy yaself.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 27/10/2013 19:38  

@GBNP...will be great...fourth time this year...and the third album in it's entirety...won't have heard some of those songs live since 1993!..can't wait..

Update Reply
Triple955 @ 28/10/2013 20:14  

@Triple955.. I cant wait either, its gonna be fab.. 100 years of solitude - ooooh giddy!

btw - Before The End - top lyric

A brilliant time is guaranteed ...YAY!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/10/2013 20:36  

For anyone in the NE who cant get to see the real Levelers an excellent tribute band called the Spirit Levellers are playing in the Angel in Catterick Village tonight

Update Reply
centurion @ 16/11/2013 10:59  

Treat yourselves to the full experience...

http://www.beautifuldays.org/

Basically the Levellers own super-gig
One of the best festivals going

Update Reply
justjerry @ 17/11/2013 17:24  

Beautiful Days ... I would love to go to this ... For two years now I have been unsuccessful in getting tickets, I'm always on the last push. It would be great to do a festival with no corporate marketing ... £130 for weekend ... not bad at all, considering tickets to Download are £195. Must make an effort to get there in 2014!

Although Sonisphere was amazing in 2011 (The Big Four!) and its rumoured to be taking place in 2014, I would defo do this one again.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/11/2013 15:29  

btw @LoonieBiker you got rid of your spare ticket yet?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/11/2013 15:36  

Fab gig... Better than expected if possible.

I was suitably impressed yet again!

Skinny Lister excellent support were great too.

Have a fab time in manchester guys!

Hope the spare ticket issue is now resolved @looniebiker

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/12/2013 00:13  

Absolutely fantastic in Manchester...20 years previously I'd waited to hear that album in the same venue...and this time it was even better!

Update Reply
Triple955 @ 25/12/2013 21:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email