MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

High-milage newbie

High-milage newbie - Forums [Biker Match] High-milage newbie - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

High-milage newbie

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd pop in here and post a message as it looks like a really friendly place!

So, a little about me... I'm Dafydd (no jokes, heard em all) originally from Wales, but now a student over in Lincoln. I commute... For various reasons and put about 10K a year on my bikes... mostly on my little 250. I also have a big old Kwak 550 so I guess I'm a tractor driver! Don't like riding all that fast, love sight seeing on my bikes and making videos with a helmet cam.

I confess I did join this site for dating, but it looks like a great place to chat and find biking events, etc.

So, nice to meet you all!

~D

Update Reply
Lincoln_Imp_88 @ 11/09/2013 00:36  

A huge BM welcome Dafydd You've made great choice & a good start Hope to see you at a meet or event sometime Meanwhile have a good browse on the events calendar And check out the forums for meets and events not on the calendar yet

Update Reply
Emzed @ 11/09/2013 00:54  

Welcome onboard the crazy train, take a seat and hold on. Did the ticket guy explain that you got the one way ticket to madness n mayhem, no return journey on this train!

have a look around n join in the fun!

Lindsay xx

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/09/2013 00:55  

Hi Emzed, cheers for the welcome - this site looks like a lot of fun actually and a great chance to meet others who aren't in my club or facebook list:) I'll be sure to keep up to speed on the events!

Lindsay... Oh wow, a one way ticket... hell! Madness and mayhem though? Count me in...

Cheers guys!

~D

Update Reply
Lincoln_Imp_88 @ 11/09/2013 01:04  

hi Dafydd welcome to bm jump in enjoy

Update Reply
kaycat @ 11/09/2013 08:39  

Hi Dafydd

Welcome to the madhouse *ahem* I mean BM!

Get yourself down for some events/ride outs/meets.. look out for the one's sitting on the train licking windows.. or those polishing the shiny buckles on their nice white jackets...funny how the buckles are always on the back ......

Update Reply
Karey @ 11/09/2013 09:01  

A very warm welcome to BM Lincoln_Imp _88, we really are a very friendly bunch of folks here and im sure you will meet and make lots of friends . Try to get yourself to one of the meets, a great place to start is the Kiss rally this Friday, or failing that theres the Hallowistmas party in November ..You will receive a lovely welcome... Enjoy..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2013 09:01  

Aww thanks for the welcome guys! Madhouse or not it certainly seems like a nice place so far! I'll see what I can do about getting to events, but I am going to be time limited this autumn. Boo. Some more local ride-outs or local events would be wicked though... maybe I'll have to set something up!

:) cheers!

~D

Update Reply
Lincoln_Imp_88 @ 11/09/2013 13:20  

Hello Dafydd, welcome and enjoy

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 11/09/2013 18:39  

Cheers Plumbski! I'm still finding my way around here but it seems like a nice place :D

Update Reply
Lincoln_Imp_88 @ 12/09/2013 22:11  

There seems to be lots going on, loads of meets, ride outs etc. And everybody that I have met, seem to be very nice, but thats bikers for you, theres a few mad women on GBNP for one, but she's alright really, just keep her at arms length and you'll be OK

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 13/09/2013 18:35  

Oi ! Wotcha sayin .. ?!

Ignore @plumbski, his medication kicks in after 8.30pm ...so all will be fine.

Enjoy the site Dafydd n get yourself out n about, meet the inmates n steer clear of blokes from Mold, n you will be just dandy! Lol.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 13/09/2013 20:11  

I rest my case

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 13/09/2013 20:42  

touché ...

Battle lines drawn ...

I think this may be a highway to a danger zone!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 13/09/2013 22:03  

Great song that was, do you remember the feeling when you first sat down in the pictures to watch Top Gun, them days are gone now, with these multiplexes the atmosphere has just gone

Update Reply
Plumbski @ 15/09/2013 16:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email