MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop

dog wanted

dog wanted (2) - Forums [Biker Match] dog wanted (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop /

dog wanted

Hi Oggs Mmm, have read through this thread - just one comment! think of yaself as the 'old' dog - people might think you might be 'old'. Dont knock the oldies. All of my dogs have been rescue - had to have my danny (lurcher) put to sleep just before xmas last year (15 years old). Had 3 cats as well - oldest when I took them ALL on was 13. Oggs - dont knock us OLDIES. theres still a LOT of life left in us! cheers mate

Update Reply
bbitch @ 07/09/2007 16:50  

yes Holmfirthgirl,i remember it well...SPG(special patrol group)!anybody thinking of rehoming a dog,please consider a greyhound. i used to foster for the Greyhound trust,the dogs would come to me straight from the track,and i would keep them untill homes were found.they dont need as much exercise as people think and make excellent pets,although most arnt good with cats!!

Update Reply
actionman @ 07/09/2007 17:35  

anybody thinking of rehoming a dog,please consider a greyhound. they dont need as much exercise as people think and make excellent pets,although most arnt good with cats!! I love greyhounds, such gentle dogs. I don't have room to swing a mouse, never mind a cat, in my house. Anyone considering getting a dog, or any pet, should factor in the cost of vet bills as well as the food and time they need; and maybe training classes. An uncontrollable dog is a pain in the harris. An owner who has no control over their dog is worse. It annoys me when folk have dogs and leave them at home shut in all day, or on a short lead in a garden. If you can afford it I recommend getting two dogs, if you don't have any already, as dogs by nature are pack animals not loners. *soap box put away*

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/09/2007 21:28  

http://www.dogs.info/

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/09/2007 21:31  

Quote : It annoys me when folk have dogs and leave them at home shut in all day, or on a short lead in a garden. If you can afford it I recommend getting two dogs, if you don't have any already, as dogs by nature are pack animals not loners. With you on that one hun My next door neighbour has a German Shepherd and a dog flap in the back door!

Update Reply
Di @ 08/09/2007 03:44  

I've alway had a dog so have taken everything into account ie.vets,dog on its own ect.Luckily the place where I'm starting work on Monday is pretty easy going & the dog will will be coming with me.I see a dog as a member of the family & should be included in as much as possible.I hate the idea of leaving one in kennels somewhere when I go off on holiday.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 08/09/2007 04:48  

Di, a dog flap for a German Shepherd? Jeez, serves em right if they get burgled (some burglars can fit thro one of those) and the dog just lets em ROFL Oggy, that's brill that you can take a dog to work. Even good kennels aren't a nice place for some dogs, they stress out too much and some need retraining when they get home.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/09/2007 08:49  

ok oggy here goes mate ..... the young ones mate vivian use to have a hamster , im saying your vivian

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 08/09/2007 13:29  

But I'm the well behaved one!!!! Cheers mate !!!

Update Reply
Oggy @ 08/09/2007 16:00  

oggy i have a jack russell little girl, have had her from a pup so has grown up with my six kids and other dogs. Rehomed her the other day and the little boy doesnt get on with her, and the guy want to give her back, but i carnt let the kids and me go through the heartache again or lucy the jack russell, so if ya interested get in touch quick. She is tri colour 5yrs old and loads of charicture as jacko do, she travels well, she hasnt been spayed, but she loves to cuddle up on the arm of the chair with you of the kids, and when you talk to her she will lift her front lip and smile at you and wag her tail madly lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/09/2007 10:45  

Nice one Broom.Just got to work out how to get down to you now

Update Reply
Oggy @ 16/09/2007 14:25  

Nice one broom, good luck Oggy

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/09/2007 14:44  

You can send a dog by train,provided its in a suitable carrier.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/09/2007 20:07  

Thanks Broom,she's a little darling.Settled in already by the looks of it,eats well for such a small dog Cheers again mate

Update Reply
Oggy @ 18/09/2007 20:06  

*Lucy in Ely is a diamond (a play on the song lyrics Lucy in the sky with diamonds lol) *that is her name isn't it?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/09/2007 20:13  

Aw,come on then Oggy,wheres the pic?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/09/2007 20:24  

bless

Update Reply
dragon @ 19/09/2007 02:13  

I''ll put one on my profile Cassie.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 19/09/2007 03:14  

nice one oggy love dogs iv got 2 a boxer and a 57 lol