MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

so you want to buy Bridgestone...think again

so you want to buy Bridgestone...think again - Forums [Biker Match] so you want to buy Bridgestone...think again - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

so you want to buy Bridgestone...think again

hi all,

i have had a run in with bridgestone for over 8 weeks now. the tyre i had on my rear delaminated on me, bridgestone refuse to accept it is their fault.

the outcome, after eight weeks of emails and fighting with them, is that i am out of pocket, have lost riding time, and respect for this world famous brand.

i have a picture on my profile of the tyre involved. bridgestone agreed to offer me 100% on the original tyre, which is no longer in production????? I am still out of pocket and pissed off with them. one would think that the largest tyre manufacturer in the world would pay up right away. not the case. they have fought me all the way. and their customer services is next to nothing. please bear that in mind when you buy a bridgestone.

you will have a fight on your hands should anything happen to that tyre. they will blame you for it.

i never want to run bridgestones ever again, after this fight that i have had. i am still out of pocket.

regards,
ace of bass.
aka grant

ps...please let others know about this.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2013 20:42  

I've run bikes on Bridgestones since 1999 (GSX1100 and GSX550 on BT45's and a Triumph on BT21's) and never had a problem with them
As a matter of interest,if they are offering 100% how are you out of pocket?
I have worked in the motor trade since 1992 and standard practise on refunding on faulty tyres is to offer a percentage based on the tread used minus the legal minimum,ie if a new tyre has 9mm and it fails with 5.5mm left they refund 50%,so unless the tyre was brand new then a 100% refund is better than most tyre manufacturers offer.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 31/07/2013 21:32  

Tbh im in agreement with sprint 900.

If they have offere a replacement FOC then you couldnt do any better.

After nearly 20 years being a bike courier i found Bridgestones to be the best deal out there.

Tbh if your old tyre is no longer made that would normaly mean theres a better replacement.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2013 09:35  

Sorry to hear of your trials & tribulations AOB Well I have no issue with the quality of Bridgestone tyres Take a look at the "carcass" on my profile Which is what is left of a BT 090 No issues with "de-lamination" Or grip for that matter I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them And as both Piers & Stuie pointed out They DID offer you 100% refund on your tyre

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/08/2013 11:08  

currently on 2nd set of 023s on the Pan and just back from 1800 odd mile trip round top of scotland and north wales no issues what so ever and the Pan is a bloody heavy bike. would'nt hesitate to fit them again brilliant tyre

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2013 13:09  

sorry to hear of your problem Grant hope you can resolve it, i use Bridgestone on all my bikes and have not had any problems

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 08/08/2013 14:07  

i was eventually offered 100% on the old tyre, which cost a bit less than the new one i had to buy to keep me on the road.

i seem to have posted this is the wrong area. the only ppl that have posted are bridgestone lovers.

so was i, until i had this problem with them. i hope no-one has to go through the problems i had with bridgestone. i may add, i used to work for them also.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2013 18:53  

Got to say, I have run Bridgestone BT's now have the 023's on....only time I had an off due to grip was with a Metzeler.... My BT's have saved my ass a few times.... How old was the tyre and how was it ridden on.....tyres can be dodgy if they are run hard and pressures etc..... But looking at the picture of the tyre that is a serious breakdown of the compound only thing I have seen like that is a lorry remould......it does look like the compounds haven't bonded properly in production..........your tyre could have been contaminated with something that degraded it....if it was a new tyre it could have happened in the garage.....without it being tested for cause you'll never know and sounds like Bridgestone are covering their ass....but at least they offered you the price you paid for the tyre..... Luckily you didn't get hurt due to the malfunction with the tyre...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2013 20:40  

You say you have posted this in the wrong place as there all Bridgestone lovers. Well I use Bridgestone Avon and Michelin Tyres on my bikes, But if I had a tyre fail I would be thankfull the tyre stayed inflated and alowed me to keep control and walk away. I Think you would get the same responce from any manufacturer as JTB says they cover there ass.

Update Reply
JP @ 17/08/2013 09:34  

I think people are missing the point. Bridgestone make great tyres, BUT if a tyre de laminates that's pretty serious. Bridgestone should be very apologetic and pay for a new tyre straight away at the least and should really offer a new set totally free as a good will gesture to show they take any technical problem seriously. I would expect nothing less.

Update Reply
ColinB @ 17/08/2013 17:07  

yes it is serious and they should take it serious!! but you have to look at how many tyres bridgstone sell and then lok how many tyres fail and i think you would find the figures to be pretty low.and as long as they refund what you have paid then theyre doing the right thing.no company has to give away stuff as a gesture of goodwill that is down to the company and what they decide!! i used bridgstones on my zzr,s for years with no problems.i now have road pilot3,s on my trumpet as for grip etc theyre absolutly amazing

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 03/11/2013 07:51  

and as for being bridgstone lovers thats not the case its just the people on here obviously have not had any issues with their tyres thats all

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 03/11/2013 07:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email