MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Excuses for Not Going into Work

Excuses for Not Going into Work - Forums [Biker Match] Excuses for Not Going into Work - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Excuses for Not Going into Work

Here are some excuses some folk used when calling work to say they weren't going in. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> 1 "I'm too drunk to drive to work." 2 "I accidentally flushed my keys down the toilet." 3 "I had to help deliver a baby on my way to work." (Employee was not in the medical profession.) 4 "I accidentally drove through the automatic garage door before it opened." <o:p></o:p> 5 "My boyfriend's snake escaped from its cage and I'm afraid to leave the bedroom until he gets home." <o:p></o:p> 6 "I'm too fat to get into my work outfit." <o:p></o:p> 7 "I cut my fingernails too short, they're bleeding and I have to go to the doctor." <o:p></o:p> 8 "The ghosts in my house kept me up all night." <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> 9 "I forgot I was getting married today." <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> 10 "My cow bit me." <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> 11 "My son accidentally fell asleep next to wet cement in our garden. His foot fell in and we can't get it out." <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> 12 "I was walking down the street watching road works being done, fell in the hole and hurt myself." <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> 13 "I was walking my dog and slipped on a toad in my driveway and hurt my back." <o:p></o:p> 14 "My house lock jammed, and I'm locked in." PML @ numbers 9 and 13, cracked me up What excuse(s) have you used?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/08/2007 11:44  

Kwak, I've not used any of those myself but I did get a call from my boss and she'd got herself stuck with No. 14! Needless to say once she got into work we took the p**s summat rotten

Update Reply
Di @ 28/08/2007 13:51  

The cow bit me. haha i could use that

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/08/2007 14:10  

Now I think about it I remember one day I was locking my front door and the handle fell off which meant I couldn't lock the door, cost me £15, which was the call-out fee for the locksmith, he let me off the labour charges. That was one expensive door handle lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/08/2007 14:17  

I had a member of staff ring me once to say the previous night her budgie had fallen off his perch and broken his leg. Cos it was late at night she couldn`t take it to a vets so had used a match as a splint and taped his little leg up. The next morning she`d come down to find her kids screaming and the budgie in ashes. Her excuse for not coming into work was that the budgie must have fallen off his perch in the night and the sulphur from the match had struck the sandpaper on the bottom of the cage hence she had to console her kids and go out to buy a new budgie!!

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 28/08/2007 14:42  

Sorry Claire, budgie and kids but.... ROFLMHO

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/08/2007 14:52  

how about , IF I COME INTO WORK TODAY I COULD GET A HEAD ACHE SO IM TAKEING THE DAY OFF .

Update Reply
firebladekid @ 28/08/2007 16:24  

How about i hate going to work,boss is a total twat and sod you i am getting another job.so sod you and good bye.

Update Reply
happy jack @ 28/08/2007 16:34  

years ago a friend rang in work and said the cat had been run over so she couldnt come to work. Another excuse was she had had a miscariage on the bus, but expected to be in tomorrow.

Update Reply
vmaxdeg @ 28/08/2007 16:56  

A colleague once rang in to say that she'd no dry knickers as they'd only just come out of the washing machine. But she really wanted to come into work, so she'd tried to dry them out quickly under the grill - and burnt them to cinders! That story follows he round to this day...

Update Reply
Wills @ 28/08/2007 19:45  

Moral to that story, be sure you can live with your excuse lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/08/2007 19:50  

One of my lads must be the unluckiest person going, he has been of work for at least three grandads dying ( one of which lived in Spain, hence the tan when he came back), grandmas aunts uncles have also passed away in abundance, i feel sorry for him im sure he really wants to work???????? I bet hes not even got a black suit, ah yer gotta laf aint yer just. boomboom

Update Reply
boomboom @ 29/08/2007 07:24  

I wouldnt go to work if my cat had been run over either!

Update Reply
Matt @ 29/08/2007 07:44  

If you need a break Matt, I have the use of some heavy airfield vehicles. Swift too so there would be little pain for the cat.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 29/08/2007 07:57  

rube, your sick I've had to use number 14! how about, i cant come into work the plankton parents have parked accross my drive again whilst they drop there their snivelling, mewling little spoilt brats off at school and had the obligatory 30 minute whine with other parents! Oh and this morning ............ sorry i turned the house upside down looking for my bike keys, but i found them under the bike cover still in the ignition

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 29/08/2007 11:39  

do i still need an excuse if i am the boss....lol

Update Reply
skins @ 29/08/2007 19:09  

Yes!! even more so lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/08/2007 19:37  

does taking your great grandmother in for an abortion sound feeseable? me and a work colleage are trying to come up with some new 1s that the boss hasn't heard yet. any more good ideas please

Update Reply
deadman @ 04/09/2007 12:49  

yea i think u might struggle with that one, unless all the ladies in the family had children at 10 years old

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/09/2007 13:10  

does taking your great grandmother in for an abortion sound feeseable? PML not really but it's worth it for the giggle it will raise.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/09/2007 10:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email