MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Dunnies cafe Otley closing?

Dunnies cafe Otley closing? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Dunnies cafe Otley closing? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Dunnies cafe Otley closing?

Been in today,according to the lass serving they will know whats happening in 9 weeks,get the impression that the owner is after retiring anyway.
Breakfasts gone up too!-Well its still £3.30 but its now 40p extra for spam and/or black pudding.Still £4.30 for a big breakfast and a coffee is still loads cheaper ( and nicer!) than Squires!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 05/07/2013 21:52  

Any further news on this

Update Reply
Emzed @ 31/08/2013 00:02  

Was still open bank holiday monday

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 31/08/2013 10:52  

Perhaps we should organise a rendezvous one weekend? Turn up for brunch or summat...

Might be nice to let em know we thinking ov 'em?!

Cud do a run over to sun inn at Norwood Edge .. n then around Pateley Bridge etc ... nice up that way!

Defo make a change from Squires ..

Thoughts ??!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/09/2013 17:58  

Sounds like a cracking idea Linz

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/09/2013 18:29  

Plenty of good roads round there, I might go for breakfast sunday.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 02/09/2013 19:43  

Im in matlock this sunday unfortunately but maybe able to sort something for weekend after .. lets see if there is any other peeps interested ... Before setting a date ...

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/09/2013 20:38  

You do realize that it's KISS 3, the weekend after next Linz But I know that not "everyone" will be going

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/09/2013 20:45  

Sounds like a great idea Linz.. I'm definitely up for it, as long as I can get a lift and it's my weekend off

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/09/2013 20:55  

No, I didnt realise that Emzed(I should be blonde I think!!) but what about 29th September - I know its Squires autumn show but perhaps there may be a few takers for something different?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/09/2013 21:58  

Kaz, give me a clue as to dates that are suitable and I will start a 'suggested ride out' thread!

Emzed, take it you are up for this too?! Might need someone with a bit of knowledge of the area ... I know my way around the Sun Inn and into Pateley Bridge, but other than that I would be lost. Unfortunately the joys of being a pilly for nearly 30 years has not helped

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/09/2013 22:02  

welcome to my neck of the woods....

Update Reply
rileymtr @ 02/09/2013 22:27  

So, if you know the area ... you're in charge Mick!!!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/09/2013 22:31  

Linz.... I'm off on the 29th!! yayyyyy.. I work every other weekend, I'm working this coming weekend... now work it out from there, you can be my social secretary from now on

Was thinking of doing the Squires show and camping out.. we could always do a ride up to Dunnies from Squires...ooooh the irony

Update Reply
Karey @ 02/09/2013 22:39  

Kaz, Social Secretary ... I don't think I'm clever enough to juggle the parties, soirees and general chaos that occurs in your social life !! LMAO!!

Sorry Sprint ... ruined the thread (EEK!)

I will move this suggestion to a more suitable place (EVENTS/RIDE OUTS) and hope you all follow ...

let's see if we can sort a change of scene .. fresh air in the lungs, beautiful scenery, noisy engines, tea and cake!!!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 02/09/2013 22:46  

according to the info attatched to lamp post opposite Dunnies there's a public enquiry at Leeds civic hall on tuesday 12th november at 10am so Dunnies isn't done for yet,there's plenty of opposition to Dunnies closing in Otley alone.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 03/11/2013 15:15  

They are trying to save the trees round dunnies

Update Reply
BigRay @ 03/11/2013 17:27  

I've just heard Dunnies is closing on the 2nd Feb ..can anyone confirm?

Update Reply
Karey @ 30/12/2013 22:39  

Yes 90% I was told on Wednesday be his brother

Update Reply
BigRay @ 03/01/2014 10:00  

BigRay and I were talking about trying to gather a few folk together on the last day of trading ... 2nd February 2014 see BigRay's thread; Motorcycle Events & Rides Out/Dunnies I'm sure there will be peeps who will either ride out from Squires or just make their own way there! It would be a good way to show them how much the Cafe will be missed and will no doubt be a good opportunity to have a post Crimbo/New Year gathering.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/01/2014 13:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email