MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Biolite camp stove ... It will charge phones and torches...

Biolite camp stove ... It will charge phones and torches... - Forums [Biker Match] Biolite camp stove ... It will charge phones and torches... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Biolite camp stove ... It will charge phones and torches...

Ok the rally season is upon us ( when spring eventually appears lol) so time to upgrade the camping equipment... having been in the forces for 22 years I spent a lot of time out in the wilds for work and also in my off time and I was always and still am on the lookout for better kit and equipment so consider myself reasonably knowledgable when it comes to outdoor kit tents and such like.... well i can across this little beauty and although I havent tested it personally it looks like this stove could be a good addition to your kit if you are a chef in the out doors.. it also has a separate grill attachment.... so how does it work.. read on

Using BioLite's patent-pending thermoelectric technology, BioLite Stoves convert heat to electricity that powers a fan to make the fire ultra-efficient.

Extra electricity can be used to charge small electronics like mobile phones and LED lights.

http://www.biolitestove.com/campstove/camp-overview/features/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/03/2013 19:33  

http://www.biolitestove.com/c.../features/

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/03/2013 09:25  

That's a great little gadget .... A tad expensive though don't you think ??? You can buy a little solar panel charger these days for not a lot of money that you can hang from your rucksack or your tent to charge most phones and its a lot more fun to make a real fire when camping don't you think ??? good find though johnnytb ...

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 30/03/2013 12:12  

I like it. Expensive yes, but sometimes we have to embrace technology. I like the compactness and the additional grille attachment. I am not sure how it will go down on sites where open fires are not allowed. It would be brilliant if you are near woodland where there is normally lots of dead wood lying around, or for hikers who can collect bits of wood as they walk. I currently use a tangria meths stove, developed originally for mountain cooking, where there could be a problem with pressurized cylinders. It is surprising what you can cook on them. You do have to be extra carefully with the meths. Anyway I am tempted to get one of those Biolites .

Update Reply
davidneale @ 31/03/2013 08:50  

I'm very tempted by this It looks to be very efficient I also like the "ethos" of the makers too It may look a bit expensive at first But when you consider that we are effectively "susidising" the 3rd world sales Thereby helping to improve their health and reduce carbon emissions I don't mind paying a little extra

Update Reply
Emzed @ 31/03/2013 09:19  

Must admit this appeals, despite the price. Nice and small for storage and no carrying of gas cannisters. A bit more than I, as a newbie to rallies and camping might want to spend, but long term, i can see it being worth it savings wise and obviosly it is eco.

Carrying wood pellets would be easy, wouldn't take up that much room, and lighter than cannisters so if no kindling to be found you would still be ok.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 31/03/2013 20:41  

I'd seen this on one of the bushcraft websites and had placed it on my 'Buy this when I have some extra shekels' list In fact, I seem to recall seeing a 'road test' of it somewhere, with very favourable results...perhaps that should be a 'bush test' lol

Sure, it's great building your own fire, but many places have a no fires rule, and in some you wouldn't want to light a fire at certain seasons anyway...no...good post, johnnytb

Update Reply
Dingus Magee @ 11/06/2013 14:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email