MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Would you like to Simplify your life

Would you like to Simplify your life (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Would you like to Simplify your life (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Would you like to Simplify your life

It's not always about not having children, often the elders of the family become the dependents.

Due to unfortunate events 2 years ago I inherited 1.5 houses and then I got made redundant. Fortunately the redundancy payment paid off my own mortgage and I qualified for my pension. To simplify my life I rented out my 3 houses and moved back into my parents house.

The result is I have a steady income with minimal work and lots of time for travelling, but have some limits as I have an obligation to care for my Grandma when my parents are away travelling, usually May-October.

Update Reply
akceller8 @ 24/03/2013 01:22  

sorry AK didn't mean to exclude carers who look after elderly relatives....but you got the drift of what I meant.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 24/03/2013 11:42  

akceller8.....You are in a very fortunate position not having to work much, if at all. Most of us will be very envious of you Looking after the elderly can also be a good experience, as they have so many memories to pass on.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 24/03/2013 14:06  

I have landed on my feet, but i'd give it all up to have my sister back and likewise I don't look forward to losing my grandma, despite the responsibilities, at 92 she's still pretty independent but it won't last for ever.

Kwakgirl, I did get your drift and thought i had it better planned than you as had avoided children to leave me free from responsibility, but was just pointing out that sometimes responsibility sneaks up on you. I never thought I'd be the one looking after my grandma now, but its made me realise that even when she goes I'll still have my parents to look after too.

Update Reply
akceller8 @ 25/03/2013 01:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email