MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Secure Parking in Buxton

Secure Parking in Buxton - Forums [Biker Match] Secure Parking in Buxton - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Secure Parking in Buxton

MAG secures bike parking in Buxton! http://www.mag-uk.org/en/newsdetail/a7119

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 28/02/2013 12:29  

Just in case this news item is removed from their website at a later date... Three new secure bike parking sites are to be provided for riders in Buxton, the heart of the beautiful Peak District. Derbyshire County Council have announced that hoops will be in place within the month on 'The Viaduct' near the main shopping precinct. They've also confirmed that a site on The Crescent, at the other end of the shopping area is to be similarly equipped and a drop kerb and secure installations are to go in at the Train station too. This is great news and is the essence of what local MAG activists can achieve. Commenting on the 16 month campaign and negotiation, Sean Buckley, the rep for Peak and District MAG said: " I am delighted that Derbyshire County Council have taken such an enlightened view of motorcycling. Buxton is at the centre of some beautiful countryside and visiting riders can add so much to the commerce of the town when parking is made convenient." Sean added "the best news is that negotiations have led to the County Council to confirm that the parking for bikes will be absolutely free."

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/02/2013 14:55  

I wonder if we'll get the same at Matlock Bath?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/02/2013 14:56  

it can stay as it is at matlock (aka matlock bath) coz its jus perfect as it is.............. so long as they dont start to try an charge for parkin on the road we will all be jus fine and dandy ....... not heard much about that lately this is good at buxton tho as there is very little .. umm i think space for 2 bikes currently in the pa and display pmsl ....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/03/2013 23:21  

Always nice to know but as Buxton's on my doorstep i invariably just ride round/through town on my way to somewhere else...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/03/2013 19:59  

Someone's posted on FB that the council have dropped the proposed charges for bike parking in Matlock Bath. Result!!!

Update Reply
Wills @ 05/03/2013 20:54  

That's great news Wills If it is in fact true Maybe the petition plus the pressure from traders did the trick No doubt we shall see As the season swings into gear

Update Reply
Emzed @ 05/03/2013 21:01  

Think it's a big run out to Matlock Bath soon then guys n gals, get it sorted Em there's a good lad lol :-)

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 14/03/2013 03:11  

yep there is an ice cream wi my name on it ........ and a hot choccie with loads squirty cream on top wi my name on tooo

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/03/2013 18:30  

Greedy girl suz, will get you one or the other............oh go on then ices and hot chockie are on me, we can eat em whilst the Harley's get acquainted lol :)

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 15/03/2013 14:58  

hahahaha bandito sounds good to meeeeeee..... hopefully the roads will be a bit cleaner after this rain... so long as no tiny bit of frost is forecast or they will be out with 50 gritters every half hour ffs lmao if i cna only have one it has to be hot choccie wi squirty on top yummooooo so......... lets getto matlock peeps ......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2013 18:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email