MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Off on another big trip!

Off on another big trip! - Forums [Biker Match] Off on another big trip! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Off on another big trip!

Dear all, I'm off on another big trip,but this time I'm doing it properly! I've quit my job, sold my house and built my own bike - whichIshould be getting resgistered tomorrow. It's a refurbished Metisse racing frame from the 60's with the iconic Triumph 650 twin in it, and a load of random orhand-made bits holding it all together. I even had to learn how to use a metal lathe to get it done,am well proud! I'm raising money for riders for health, if you'd like to follow along with the antics as they unfold or show your support by donating to Riders (who are ace - they provide motorcycle based medical outreach in remote parts of Africa) the blog and alink to my justgiving page are at www.aclassicadventure.co.uk Take it easy folks and happy riding!!

Update Reply
Half Baked Henry @ 01/10/2012 20:49  

Very Well done and lots of luck with all you do.... have a great journey...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/10/2012 21:07  

Way to go HBH.

Update Reply
lawnmower @ 01/10/2012 21:08  

Thanks!

Update Reply
Half Baked Henry @ 01/10/2012 22:03  

Moving this to the 'general' forum Yep good luck Henry

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/10/2012 18:11  

I think 'well-named'...but i really wish u all the best

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2012 19:21  

Well done Henry A BOLD move Maybe you're not as "Half Baked" as you make out Best o luck

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/10/2012 20:09  

Cheers folks, it sailed through it's MoT and as the advisory note was hand-written and said 'get psychiatric help' Idon't think it had anything to do with the bike! First proper ride on it today. Technically I was only allowed to go 'directly' to aplace of testing and then back again, but luckily I got lost on the way back and had a great magical mystery tour of the back roads of Oxfordshire. It sure doesn't handle the bends like the Bandit but everyone I beaned it past turned round and smiled, andwhen I got off my teeth were still shaking in my head and I was giggling like a schoolgirl, great fun!

Update Reply
Half Baked Henry @ 02/10/2012 21:49  

Adore this thread!!

Ridiculously insanely jealous too!!

Manohman.. way to go!!

And echoing Emz's comments.. there is nothing half baked about this or you.. Absolutely classic and I'm smiling too.. teeth are where they are meant to be but my smile is genuine and this has really caught my imagination!!

Cheers for that lovely! Enjoy EVERY last second of your EPIC Journey!! Whhhhhhhhhooooo Hoooooooooooo!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 03/10/2012 00:14  

The world should be filled with crazy bikers like you...it would be a much better place.
Will look forward to updates. Good luck

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 03/10/2012 21:49  

PS Hope you keep tags on your special butterfly

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 03/10/2012 22:15  

Chasing Butterflies... ~ I just cried but with a smiley face..

You caught my imagination yesterday.. now it's being held to ransom in a jam jar... I need to see and hear more.. your website is now starred as a favourite and I too hope you catch your butterfly!

And Alice lovely.. what a beautiful heartfelt thing to say..

"The world should be filled with crazy bikers like you...it would be a much better place"

so true and made me *squidge*

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 03/10/2012 22:37  

Aww thanks guys, and thanks for the donations to Riders for Health, well stoked!! I'll see if I can find a way to upload the short story about the butterfly onto my site, it's a bit esoteric but I think you might like it, a couple of people have said it should get published but I'm a bit on the fence.

Update Reply
Half Baked Henry @ 04/10/2012 10:39  

Aaaargh, come on numberplate, I want to be riding my new bike!!! Anyone want to buy 'the beast from the east' off me - Bandit 600?

Update Reply
Half Baked Henry @ 07/10/2012 14:08  

Henry - I take my lid off to you. Very best of luck. I look forward to following your story... and a happy ending

Update Reply
Carolerd350 @ 08/10/2012 18:02  

Good luck with your adventure. I am sure you will be successful as you have age and enthusiasm on your side. Have a brilliant time

Update Reply
davidneale @ 09/10/2012 05:28  

Pity more folk aint half baked as Henry is...Especially in govt(actually doing something to help others!) Good luck with your travels Henry, I hope your new machine is as steadfast as your good self, looking forward to following your travels. Stick the bandit on the classified ads section, include the price and have some piccies on your profile, should sell.

Update Reply
old red @ 10/10/2012 12:59  

Cheers folks!! I'm running the bike in now, so let me know if you fancy going for a ride. I'll be 'around Bradford' on Monday then heading down south, need to be near Chippenham Wednesday, then Wales on Thursday, Kent on Friday and (if it's run in OK....) France on Saturday, yay!!!

Update Reply
Half Baked Henry @ 14/10/2012 10:29  

Whooooooooo Hoooooooo!!

Ride Safe and keep us posted!!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 14/10/2012 17:26  

Todays ride to Bradford was great, but arrived too late for the Pakistani consulate - first thing start tomorrow! On the way back into Sheffield the engine suddenly gota lot louder - it seems my exhaust snapped in half on one side. It sounds fantastic!

Update Reply
Half Baked Henry @ 15/10/2012 19:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email