MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Blue ZX12R stolen this evening. :(

Blue ZX12R stolen this evening. :( - Forums [Biker Match] Blue ZX12R stolen this evening. :( - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Blue ZX12R stolen this evening. :(

Can anybody tell me where I post details of my stolen bike please? Is there a thread or anything? Nicked off the drive at a mates house about 4 hours ago The bike was an electric blue ZX12R. Reg K12 GBR and was nicked from Darlington this evening. Had loads of power commander bits on it, full akro system with hex titanium silencer. If you are offered any bits, or see anything on fleabay or MCN drop me a msg please. Thieving bastards.

Update Reply
SPG @ 07/09/2012 02:09  

This seems like the most appropriate forum for your thread, SPG, BM doesn't have a 'Stolen bikes' forum. I hope you get your bike back and in one piece with no damage.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/09/2012 11:01  

I trawled round the streets of Darlington until 2:00am this morning blipping the alarm fob in front of all the dodgy lockups... but no joy. Was up at 6:00am and went back into town and asked all the "dog walkers" if they had seem/heard anything. There had been a group of lads seen hanging about on peddly bikes in the vicinity, but no proof it was them. Went into work and 9:30 police phoned, found it just half a mile away!! Was it a burned out wreck? Was it stripped?, was it damaged.. well all I can say is, it is light superficial scratches, not even the ignition barrel is damaged! Although the cable is cut. Damned lucky. They have witnesses who saw them pushing it away. Lesson learned... thankfully not the hard way.. LOCK IT OR LOSE IT!! Thanks to Durham Constabulary for a) taking me home last night and b) for tracking it down. :)

Update Reply
SPG @ 07/09/2012 13:07  

SPG - am so very glad you've got your bike back - I know what it's like to have one nicked!!!

Give it a hug

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2012 13:14  

Update Reply
SPG @ 07/09/2012 13:17  

Glad your bike was found. Forensics ? I bet its in a yard that you have to pay to get your bike back its the biggest con going.

Update Reply
JP @ 07/09/2012 16:06  

Brilliant news SPG........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2012 16:14  

It sure is JP But in the light of what SPG has posted If I were him, I'd cough up on this occasion An "unprotected" bike wouldn't be covered on the insurance There'll be a "clause" (which you've agreed to) to stop you claiming Because they can say, you "failed" to take "reasonable precautions" by not locking it Glad you've got it back relatively unscathed SPG Take this as a very "lucky" break and a valuable lesson NEVER EVER leave the bike "unlocked" if "unattended"

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/09/2012 16:25  

You have been so lucky this time!! It's good to hear the good news about your bike

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2012 16:30  

Oh wow hunny!!

So close to home too!!!

I am so pleased you got it back relatively unscathed.. had the shoe been on my foot I'd have been beyond devastated!

Will be taking my wheel locks in the panniers now though.. I don't do "walking" anymore..

I bet your smile will be huge when you get her home again.. fees or not...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 07/09/2012 21:33  

Got to admit, I never leave my bike without the disc lock on and it is an alarmed one....usually put cover on it too......new bike is alarmed and Data tagged, lazer etched and transponders.....most new bikes come like this now as standard....pity you didn't catch em red handed mate...

Glad you got it back...more or less unscathed....must be devastating!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2012 03:56  

No, I won't be leaving the huge chain behind next time, despite tyhe insurance co not reducing my premium, and disc lock, etc... So the officer at the recovery said it was minimal damage and I insisted he watch the recovery crew didn't damage my pride and joy any more. He (allegedly) rode bikes and said you could hardly tell there was damage stood 10 feet away, other than a cracked tailpiece and scratched mirror and one casing. I went to see it at the compound expecting to see the "light damage". Well I couldn't believe it, it had been dropped on both sides, every bit of plastic either cracked or scratched, casings both sides, exhaust, mirrors, levers, bars potentially, totally wrecked.... I was absolutly gutted.... :( So much for light scratches.. So... anyone had experience of claiming for theft where the vehicle has been recovered?? Can you claim? there is no "third party" to claim from essentially? Look at that weather, lovely and I'm knackered. :(

Update Reply
SPG @ 09/09/2012 12:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email