MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Help please yet again!!!!!!!

Help please yet again!!!!!!! - Forums [Biker Match] Help please yet again!!!!!!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Help please yet again!!!!!!!

Got some serious funny clunkin coming from rear of triumph, and handlin is all to pooh, think its shock but need someone to take a look for me please. Not taking it to last guy who did it for me or i'll be without it for 6 months again!!!!!
Anyone not too far away please, ill ride it over i aint bothered!!! And, if it is shock, need someone to fit another please.
Yep, im really takin the pee day today, and why the heck not for once!!!!
Cheers xx

Update Reply
wenders @ 29/07/2012 18:20  

If your stuck hun let me know but Im about 50 miles from you

Update Reply
JP @ 29/07/2012 18:39  

Same here, how squidgy is the rear end?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2012 19:12  

Bluey that's not a nice thing to ask wender's lol

Update Reply
JP @ 02/08/2012 19:44  

JP

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/08/2012 21:08  

Might not be a good idea to ride it at all till its sorted? just a thought.
stay safe

Update Reply
DukeZ @ 03/08/2012 00:05  

I'm nowhere near never never land, but like others say, it's best not to ride it incase it's a hub bearing or something (I have a single sided swingarm) I have a spare 1050 shock as I fitted an Ohlins to mine, but I'm not 100% sure it would fit yours, if it did you can have it. Tel.

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 03/08/2012 13:30  

Hey guys, thanks for all advice apart from bluey lol

Ok, im still puddled!!! Bobbit and Ant came over to take a look yesterday, they said nothing wrong with the shock nor bushes in swing arm. They noticed my rear brake calliper was very loose and thought could be that. Took bike over to a mate tonight who said could fix calliper, he phoned a friend with daytonas and asked his advice, apparently daytonas have floating brake callipers so they are always loose!!! Im riding all over the country on it taking to different people, sorry guys havent got a bike trailer nor a tow bar on car so have to ride it. Now on sunday the guy with the daytonas is going to meet me in chester and take alook!!!!
Never never land is oswestry, shropshire chuck by the way!!!

Im just a wee bit worried cos, as we all know our own bikes, i know something isnt right, its developed this clunkin noise when accelerating and easing off throttle, its handling has gone poo, and its started to shake alot, not all time but quite often handle bars and whole bike seems to shake and vibrate quite excesively!!!
Maybe get a better idea on sunday, but its a 80 mile round trip. I will be going on bike thursday to leeds, squires for rock n bike so hopefully someone will be able to get it sorted before then.
Went in local bike shop today, £38 + vat an hour labour, and they will charge to tell me whats wrong, they tried to say would take a good 10 hours to test everything and find problem, feck thats £456 just to tell me whats wrong before parts and time for fixing it, they takin the pee but always get that off bike shops!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 03/08/2012 22:59  

hi , sounds like rear wheel bearings or could even be chain seizing up , but need to be there in person to know for sure sounds to me like the guy who is coming is the best bet yet!! best of luck chris

Update Reply
christof @ 03/08/2012 23:28  

Wenders, sounds like a few more issues than just the Clunk, I'll be at Squires on Thursday as will a lot of others, so if your'e not sorted and you potter over on your bike we can all look at it! I can't ride it to get the feel though due to my bike not being the same set up as yours. All was fine until you said the Handling was Poo, NOW you have opened a can of worms!

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 04/08/2012 08:01  

See you at Squires Wenders we can sort it then

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 04/08/2012 12:39  

Not sure if it's any help, but depending on the severity of the problem of course, take a look at your chain hon.
I had something similar. Had a couple of seized links and it rattled and clunked an awful lot when pulling off and coasting down off the throttle. Chain was bouncing on the swing arm and caused alsorts of vibration and lumpy power delivery.

Worth a quick check just to discount it as a problem if you have a centre stand or paddock stand to freewheel the back wheel and check for any tight spots

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 04/08/2012 13:17  

Yeah thanks guys, if chap dont sort it tomorrow i will be coming to squires on it thursday so would be getting the drinks in for anyone that can help, thank you all xxxxxxxx

Update Reply
wenders @ 04/08/2012 16:23  

As has already been said first stop would be the chain, I had one go bad recently with all the same symptoms couple of links froze I got all sorts of clonking and rattles then a couple of teeth went ont he rear sproket and I kept thinking the rear wheel was loose

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 04/08/2012 20:40  

I had the same thing a few years back and it was frozen links on chain....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/08/2012 22:55  

Im really starting to think its chain, well, when the guy had it for 5 months fitting the engine i dont think he oiled chain once cos came back rusty!!!! And listened carefully when out on it tonight, noise is by my feet, so chain looking like problem. Thanks all again, maybe guy will sort it tomoz

Update Reply
wenders @ 04/08/2012 23:13  

If it's rusty it's fu**ed and for the hard of hearing fuesed lol

Update Reply
JP @ 04/08/2012 23:20  

FFS guy didnt show to meet me at chester to look at bike!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr not happy, pee wet through and wasted my time and still dont know whats wrong with bike. And im on ebay to buy a chain and dont know wtf im buying??????? HELP

Update Reply
wenders @ 05/08/2012 17:46  

Hi Wenders, for starters you need a Chain and Sprocket kit NOT just a chain, that's false economy. There are plenty on ebay £72+ postage is not a bad price. They are easy to fit if you have the kit to do it (I fit them and only have the use of one arm). There must be a local Guy or Gal that can help you? Tel.

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 05/08/2012 18:29  

hi, put the bike on the stand and in N then turn the rear wheel slowly and if its the chain you will be able to see it jumping around [ should run nice and smooth] chris

Update Reply
christof @ 05/08/2012 21:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email