MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Fundraising event in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support

Fundraising event in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support - Forums [Biker Match] Fundraising event in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Fundraising event in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support

Myself & my Neice will be climbing Kilimanjaro Sept 2013 in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support. Vix (my Neice) is doing a trasure hunt in Kent - West Kingsdown in May. If anyone would like to take part, here are the details: Next Year my aunt and I will be climbing Kilimanjaro for Macmillan Cancer Support, and in order for us to raise the £9,000 sponsorship we will be hosting some fundraising events. This one is a car treasure hunt. Starting at the Old School in School Lane, West Kinsgdown on Sunday 6th May from 1pm. Price of ticket (£10 per adult and £5 per child) includes food and one alcoholic drink (over 18s only) or two soft drinks after. There will be a donation pot should you wish to drink more. There will also be a raffle where various firms such as Boots, Naked Wines, House of Fraser and Cadbury have donated prizes. For those who have not done a car treasure hunt before you follow the clues for the route and ONLY TURN OFF A ROAD WHEN THE CLUE TELLS YOU TO. There may be times when you are driving for a period of time where no clues are but don’t worry stay on the road until that point comes along.Between clues are questions about things you will see along that part of the route. Sometimes questions will follow one another may be close by, other times there maybe a long drive in-between each one –so be aware!!!Please let me know if you wish to join so I can get enough food and drink in! If anyone is interested PM me & I'll send you Vix's details. I'll also be posting up details of our Just Giving page in the next couple of days & will also be organising other stuff throughout the year.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 25/04/2012 14:51  

Who is on the events down that way ?

Update Reply
JP @ 25/04/2012 15:04  

Good luck with that and I hope to catch up with you at a track later in the year, but got my own regular check-up on the 2nd. I was diagnosed with cancer June 2010, so thanks! I hope you can understand why things are a bit vague ATM!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 25/04/2012 15:33  

Stellas climb is going to be the chosen charity for this years KISS Rally entertainment forfeit, so watch out for the thread were you can donate and hopefully if we raise over £1000 again, you will get a sat night to rem at the KISS :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/04/2012 15:38  

it's Rossoandy JP - I've pm'd him about it

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 25/04/2012 15:43  

My eldest sister, Yvonne, was nursed by Macmillan nurses. (She died 19 yrs ago) I wish I was in a position to add to the coffers. Good luck Stella and Vix, safe home after your trek. Bung the treasure hunt on the calendar and I'll add it, ok?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/04/2012 14:05  

Ill give you £100 stella as this is close to home for me Sumo

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 26/04/2012 14:42  

worthy cause

but why so far for a sponsored event...go to a local hill/mountain and use the cash saved for the cause...or do local bureaucrats and nimby`s make that impractical

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2012 14:53  

Thanks to Holmfirthgirl for this event, now on the calendar http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3305

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/04/2012 15:53  

Alex - you're a star thankyou - will post up just giving page this week.xxxxx Steve - we wanted to do Kili anyway, so thought we'd do it for charity. Sandi - cheers hun LTGTR - Hope all goes well for you x

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 26/04/2012 15:57  

A place worth seeing and helping a worthy charity, cancer touches every one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2012 16:06  

Stella charge al £50.00 every time he falls off racing

Update Reply
JP @ 26/04/2012 16:14  

Some good fund raising ideas banded around last night, my brain was working well, so be scared be very scared lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/04/2012 09:19  

Bj you can't force folk to do stuff

Update Reply
JP @ 27/04/2012 10:04  

But Ned can

Update Reply
JP @ 27/04/2012 10:05  

Old Un i meant daft stuff for them to enjoy and make fools of themselves whilst raising money but yep can use Ned as back up lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/04/2012 10:12  

And Sumo as guinea pig?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2012 11:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email