MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Biker Jailed After 166mph Speeding Ticket

Biker Jailed After 166mph Speeding Ticket (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Biker Jailed After 166mph Speeding Ticket (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Biker Jailed After 166mph Speeding Ticket

Exc i am not condoning his actions by any means, i am confused by the lack of consistancy within our justice system.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/11/2009 10:06  

But he didnt harm anyone you cant convict someone on what could have happened A car or even worse a truck would do a lot more damage if it lost control in a built up area and how many people speed every day through towns and villages

Update Reply
micksaway @ 02/11/2009 11:22  

Yes BJ and Mick, i understand and also feel his sentence is heavy as the offence was basically a speeding one,my question was hypothetical.If the courts are too lenient others might think ah well lets give it a shot..

Update Reply
excalibur @ 02/11/2009 11:31  

Weight of sentence would also depend on any previous offences/convictions.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 02/11/2009 12:38  

Think most of us seem to agree that punishments should not be too lenient so as to deter folk from reoffending, but you cant help getting annoyed when everyday there seems to be someone being convicted and charged with taking a life and getting the same sentence as somebody who stole a car. Consistancy and fairness need to prevail

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/11/2009 13:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email