MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

has disabled their profile

has disabled their profile (2) - Forums [Biker Match] has disabled their profile (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

has disabled their profile

At the bottom of your communications page there is a heading 'blocked users' and a box where you can type that persons name into to block them.

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 17/07/2010 13:36  

thanks skinny............ thats very handy lol..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2010 13:37  

Can you still block them even if they've disabled their profile?

Update Reply
awokenangel @ 17/07/2010 13:48  

I've just tried it - and yes you can! If they're blocked, I know they can't contact you, but can they still view your profile? Does anyone know?

Update Reply
awokenangel @ 17/07/2010 13:50  

cheers awokenangel.. im off to do some blocking lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2010 13:51  

lol, I won't actually block anyone for viewing my profile...thats just paranoid lol... ..could be like me brain like a seeve( is that how to spell it?) I always click on profiles... .....especially if I'm bored and browsing, there are some well good pics on some profiles at the end of the day I put up pics as I don't mind them being looked at, why else put em up? it is a public profile... but if you log out to go look at a profile then I'd start asking yourself why? that is even more worrying..........mmh mmhh Its the "off profiles" that get me ...... it's strange...I think what are they hiding ..."EEEssssm mmErrrreeellldaaa thhhhhhsssp" lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2010 19:46  

Come on Mat i know i have brought this subject up befor and you would't do anything about it but is't it time you sorted this problem out, surely the only safe way to do this is to only allow logged in members to access profiles and give you a chance to see the profile of anyone who has looked at yours. What does other members think?

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 18/07/2010 20:24  

With you here Bill...... hate the idea of someone looking at my profile but unable to do the same in return.

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 18/07/2010 21:21  

I don't mind people looking at my profile per se (otherwise I wouldn't be here), but when they then disappear having looked at your profile over and over, it's like having your own personal stalker - and I've been there thanks, and have no wish to return! And yes, while the profiles are public, the photos are only available to logged on members, but it seems you can still be logged on but hidden - ie disabled profile - that's what's worrying. These people could be absolutely anyone, and without going into detail, there is a person from my past that I really don't want to know where I am or anything about me. If people have nothing to hide, then why hide it?

Update Reply
awokenangel @ 18/07/2010 22:58  

ditto bill... i agree totally and awokenangel has hit the nail on the head!!! i dont mind people looking at my profile either... but it gets weird when they disappear! and ditto the person in your past. ... i have a similar problem, and i definitely dont want him to find out where i am living

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2010 01:35  

bump

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 19/07/2010 23:58  

Yes, Bill. I totally agree with you. This nod/view of profile by people who allegedly don't exist has happened a couple of times to me in the past and it leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. They should be told to show themselves or leave the site.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 20/07/2010 07:16  

I nodded at myself yesterday just to see what happened....logged off then checked my mail and saw I'd had a nod....logged back in and was so disappointed it was from me (wishes I'd disabled my profile so i could've maintained the mystery )

Update Reply
GT63 @ 20/07/2010 07:36  

(PML @ GT, the BM straight jacket was made for you, you're not related to actdaft are ya? ) I sometimes view a profile several times, nothing sinister, just nosey, I like to look at other folks' photos, and sometimes I've forgotten that I've already visited so I return, and they are the reasons I've disabled my viewing log so as not to spook anyone into thinking I'm stalking them. I sometimes disable my profile so I can get on with my staff duties without too many distractions, if I forget to enable it again feel free to send me a PM and remind me.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/07/2010 10:31  

I once sent a nod to someone (who shall obviously remain nameless!) who then looked at my profile 16 times - and never so much as nodded back! D'ya think they were indecisive or just not so sure??

Update Reply
awokenangel @ 20/07/2010 11:46  

lol awokenangel...or stuck on your profile pressing refresh!!! as we do *a tad strange me thinks* GT i nodded myself.. purely by accident, my ipod touch drives me nuts.... i often nod at people accidently when trying to scroll the screen lol.. d'oh

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2010 12:22  

Think i get viewed alot mainly because i am a Mod either that or cos i have a big gob and post alot lol

Cant say it ever bothers me whether they have disabled there profile or not ................ if they choose to do that then they cant join in with tehbanter on site so its there loss :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/07/2010 16:23  

its the glasses BJ.. they're lush!!! ima gonna have me some of them......haha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2010 19:08  

I agree with you Jackie, not really a biggy as far as I am concerned. Not worth getting hot under the collar over in my opinion. But I can understand why it would bother some people.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 20/07/2010 19:53  

I totally understand people's feelings on being viewed and not knowing who by. But this being the net you have no idea who you are talking to until you meet them! I had the misfortune after one relationship of chatting to someone with a pic, it turned out to be my ex, with the pic being one he'd copied from the net somewhere!! Freaked me out to say the least! So for people wishing to hide etc the net can be a stalkers paradise....

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 21/07/2010 18:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email