MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Family Fun Weekend For Kids Anyone?

Family Fun Weekend For Kids Anyone? - Forums [Biker Match] Family Fun Weekend For Kids Anyone? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Family Fun Weekend For Kids Anyone?

I've been asked by The Friendly Bikers if I'd be interested in organising a family fun fundraising weekend in aid of the Ure Welcome Back Rally in September.

We're thinking a camping weekend in the summer holidays where cars and bikes are both welcome and the focus will be on giving our kids of all ages a great time including the usual games, bouncy castles and stuff for the older kids too.

Anybody with or without kids would be just as welcome but the focus is on the kids so it's not a weekend p**s up!!

My intention is to use the same field as the Free Camping Weekend with a small charge for camping as it's close enough to sort out any problems but we could organise other similar events in other parts of the country depending on the amount of interest and the success of the event.

I'm just looking for ideas/interest at the moment so anybody got any useful thoughts on this and is it something you'd be interested in helping with/attending?

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 22/04/2010 08:40  

Bouncy Castle ............... count me in :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/04/2010 09:56  

I think its a wicked idea Terry :) I never take my kids to rallies but something like this, I would take them ... well the 2 big us are over 18 so wouldnt want to but my youngest would love it :) Depending on where and when, you can count me in and if you need any 'hands on' help with kids club etc ... count me in to help in any way you need :)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 22/04/2010 11:32  

Bj it's for kids little kids not middel earth muppits I think it's a great idea and worth thinking of a blanket ban on alcohol I know some will not like it

Update Reply
JP @ 22/04/2010 11:32  

Think if kids are around jp ... people wouldnt want to drink or if so, very little. I never drink when my kids are around, and never have, so I dont think it would be that much of a problem.

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 22/04/2010 11:35  

Want a go ............ stomps feet, strops in excessive manner and pouts

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/04/2010 11:38  

rc123..that's not necessarily true, some people drink at home with their kids about, so a camping weekend would not stop them RK..I think its a brilliant idea

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/04/2010 11:41  

Fair one Karey .... lol

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 22/04/2010 11:45  

RK if you need any help with the organising let me know .......... am sure i can bugger it up somewhere for you

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/04/2010 16:37  

RC I know alot of peeps like yourself wont drink but it only takes 1 and there could be bad feelings so think me and kaz are right sorry kaz you agree with me (will you ever live it down) BJ you could help RK loads by sitting on your hands lol yes i know thats a slap

Update Reply
JP @ 22/04/2010 17:03  

RK............I remember the last time u organised a kids and camping event in the the middle esrth area............................... YOU DIDNT TURN UP!!!!

Update Reply
drobess @ 22/04/2010 18:18  

nice one tezza count me and my lado in mate alcahol not a problem so long as in moderation me thinks ! got to do somat when kids in bed maybe a charity swear / drunk fool bin is in order £1 every pint or bad words

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 22/04/2010 20:51  

Tracey at least the weekend went ahead! I was poorly with a kidney stone

Anyway this isn't a kids and camping weekend it's much bigger than that and everyones offers of help will be gratefully appreciated but there's only half a dozen people interested so far so lets see how many more comment over the next few days before I get the venue committed.

As far as drinking goes who are we to tell anyone whether they can or can't drink. All i'm saying is parents in control of children who get pi**ed before the kids are tucked up safe in bed will need to have a word with themselves and won't be invited to future similar events.

That's after they've been tarred and feathered and tied to the nearest tree, should be sufficient me thinks

Whealy you can be in charge of fining the drunks

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 22/04/2010 21:54  

ill be the drinking matey :) in moderation or corse

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 22/04/2010 21:59  

let me know when, LC and i and my two muggles would love it !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2010 23:09  

I'll be having a beer too Neal but you're right, moderation is the key and Ian as soon as there's enough interest we'll set up a date to suit the majority

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/04/2010 11:13  

beer and swear box at a rally me i will be in skint and ed as a newt by the sunday lol sounds a good idea a rally for kids though...when u say kids what is the age cut off as most of the muppit hobbits from the shire seem about 6 to me lol

Update Reply
reaper_soul_man64 @ 23/04/2010 14:15  

We're thinking anyone under the age of 18 as a kid reaper,it's not a rally though, just a get together with lots of activities

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/04/2010 14:29  

just a thought terry dont want to sound too politicaly rorect or nowt but when organising a rally do you have to have insurance and if so how dose that fit in with CRB checks ? bit daft i know but it could be an issue if things went wrong ! maybe it should be called a rally !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/04/2010 14:29  

That's after they've been tarred and feathered and tied to the nearest tree, should be sufficient me thinks " weyhey if u doin that i will defo come..been a while since we had a good old fashioned tarring

Update Reply
reaper_soul_man64 @ 23/04/2010 14:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email