MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Rutland Water - May Bank Holiday

Rutland Water - May Bank Holiday (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Rutland Water - May Bank Holiday (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Rutland Water - May Bank Holiday

Hi Simon who else is going to Rutland Water?

I feel like 'Billy no mates' on the events list !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2012 07:47  

I've added myself to the list so you have got some company.

Update Reply
kcsdata @ 21/02/2012 09:05  

Ta I was getting lonely in there !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2012 09:20  

Didn't realise it had been added to the calendar so I'll add myself in a minute; lol. Not been on line for a couple of days to check things.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 22/02/2012 22:58  

Link to calendar is http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2903

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 22/02/2012 23:00  

A few of us ventured out to Rutland Water last November in the fog and cold so is anyone interested in a return visit with "hopefully" better weather.

May Bank Holiday - Monday 7th meet at the cafe on the North Shore for 1.00 pm.

My route will be from Crowland via Market Deeping and Stamford if anyone wants to join me, and anyone travelling from other areas can hopefully bring a few others with them on their route.

If there's enough interest I'll submit it to the calendar.

posted by Simon 66 originally

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 25/02/2012 02:16  

Congratulations on becoming a mod Simon,

this thread has got lost in the pages so I thought I would bump it to the front again for you, is that OK?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/02/2012 14:07  

Simon,

Is it the Harbour Cafe on the North Shore (tend to go South myself so don't know if that's the only one).

http://www.harbourcafebar.co.uk/page_2403380.html

If I am free that weekend then I will be there.

@Patty, your in Market Harbour? If I have you right I would happily ride down to Makret Harbour just to go to Uppingham via the B664 then onto Rutland.

The B664 is one the most fun roads around!

John.

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 28/02/2012 14:55  

YEY!!!! count me in x

(As long as Bill keeps his clothes on!!!)

I'm only a couple of miles away as Rutland is my homeland!!

If things work out I will be on two wheels this time and not wearing my darkest of sunglasses in the fog! (RE - the hangover from hell last November!!!!) lol

Mandi x

Update Reply
hilda123 @ 28/02/2012 14:55  

Hi John
That would be great, I'm in a village nearer Uppingham but with Harboro postcode.......will pm you

& I agree the B664 is a fun scenic route

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/02/2012 15:04  

Scenic? Is it, it's all a blurr to me... LOL, just kidding.

A people carrier did try to take me out at the weekend on that road. My Obs. were better and could see way ahead that it was clear to overtake on the exit to the bend but he decided he didn't like it and oversteared to cut me off - didn't work. None too chuffed about it thou.

Waited for him at the Ducati Dealer but he never came bye.

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 28/02/2012 15:25  

People Carriers are the bane of my life, I never trust the drivers of them, they never seem to be concentrating on the road or other road users

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/02/2012 15:41  

Not that one John; there's no bar/restaurant there as far as I know, just the cafe and toilets. I'll get the name of the road that leads down to the parking area and post it on here. Nice to see some interest so add your names to the calendar folks. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2903

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 29/02/2012 00:53  

i promise to keep my clothes on this time Hilda

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 29/02/2012 10:57  

Just had a thought, I could bring my fly rod and we could have smoked trout! I had a 4lb one out last time I fished it.

We may get a larger one if Bill does take his clothes off a puts his minow in!!!!

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 29/02/2012 12:01  

i seam to be a bit popular nowadays

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 02/03/2012 00:15  

Careful Bill, you might upset XK if you overtake him in the popularity stakes; lol. Ok, slight change on this to make it easier for us all to arrive at the same place. South Shore, Lyndon Visitor Centre. Saves problems with people riding round in circles as the visitor centre is signposted.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 02/03/2012 01:47  

Calendar updated, thanks Simon http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2903

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/03/2012 02:02  

Thanks Sandi.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 02/03/2012 02:54  

well i'm in front of him in the Popular Guy listing Simon

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 02/03/2012 06:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email