MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Council Tax Rebanding

Council Tax Rebanding - Forums [Biker Match] Council Tax Rebanding - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Council Tax Rebanding

I want to share this with you because it might be that your home has been calculated within the incorrect council tax banding. Up to 400,000 homes are in the wrong council tax band. Yet in ten minutes, at no cost, you can check 'n' challenge your banding, not only potentially slashing what you pay now but getting a backdated rebate stretching as far back as 1993. I have recently submitted a claim on behalf of my next door neighbour and confirmation has been received stating that the claim is been looked into and the results will be communicated back within 2 months. More information can be found here; http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/council-tax-ba...nds-change and this is the website to use to checkout what your property was worth in 1991. http://www.nationwide.co.uk/hpi/Default.asp?calculate=true Good luck, it is worth investingating as you may just be entitled to a refund and a reduction in your council tax payments due to incorrect banding.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 18/12/2011 11:31  

N.B. Only contest your banding if after research, you are in a higher banding than you should be.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 18/12/2011 12:34  

question , ? if i got no poles with me tent will i also be due a rebate ?

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 18/12/2011 16:26  

Mic - if you''ve no Poles with your tent, then you should get 25% discount for single occupancy

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 19/12/2011 09:35  

lol@Holmfirthgirl, what a come back....

Update Reply
Gizzmo7 @ 19/12/2011 11:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email