MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Reg / Rec needed !

Reg / Rec needed ! - Forums [Biker Match] Reg / Rec needed ! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Reg / Rec needed !

Hi All, Me little trusty SV has a knackered reg/rec .. the one promised to me from a guy on the SV forums has still to materialise (and I cant see it coming anytime soon!) Now, I have a LONG WEEKEND comin up tomorrow, and I wanna be out on the bike, but I need a reg rec obviously Where in the NW is good for 2nd/h spares or who has a reg rec for for sale (1st gen curvy sv, two plug etc etc ) -- I'll come collect and bring pound notes !!! Cheers Chris

Update Reply
chris.sheridan @ 10/11/2011 08:06  

hi there chris ... reg /rectifiers are not really model specific so if you take it off and have a run around your local parts emporiums one of them is bound to match it up from another bike ...... just checked ebay theres quite a few on there ..... also the gs 500 one fits

Update Reply
nellie @ 10/11/2011 11:34  

thanks nellie I didnt realise that they were not model specific - thanks for the tip ! never really got into ebay (!) maybe I should ... !

Update Reply
chris.sheridan @ 10/11/2011 19:44  

Dont skimp on it mate, otherwise it could fry your battery and then it'll cost even more.. Ebay will have loads..

Update Reply
Dirtbiker69 @ 11/11/2011 18:53  

Thanks Dirtbiker Looked at ebay ... few cheapies s/h at ~ 30 , few 'pattern' new parts at ~ 80 ... upon Shell's recomendation spoke to Road n Racing in Hyde who didnt have quite what I wanted, but had a brand new unit ( genuine Suzuki ) for a Gladius which they checked would fit (its a bit bigger with a bigger heat sink) re-arranged the wiring and fitted new connectors to while I waited - even got a brew and biccies : ) So I reckon I am sorted with a unit better than the dodgy units they fitted to the gen 1 SV's in the first place ... just need to make sure the battery is OK now ...

Update Reply
chris.sheridan @ 12/11/2011 00:06  

Glad they could sort you out, Ian n I always take our Suzuki's there and they have always been good with us

Plus with them being a Suzuki dealer you know it's a genuine part

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 12/11/2011 08:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email