MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Sleeping Bag

Sleeping Bag - Forums [Biker Match] Sleeping Bag - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Sleeping Bag

Hi all,,, I'm after buying a winter sleeping bag and having trouble finding one.. Most are mummy types which are a tadge too small,(50cm bottom,,,,80cm top),,so a xl mummy or envelope type is needed... I'm going to do a few late winter rallies,,,poss jan and feb so needs to be 4-5 season,,,,go outdoors were not very helpfull at all....have not tried other outlets yet... any recommendations ????? cheers,,,craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/10/2011 12:37  

Hi Craig have you tried ebay or gumtree? Maybe something there that is suitable, once you find one you think is going to be ok ask on here, if anyone else has had that particular one before, before you buy it. I wouldn't recommend any shop after my experience. An Outdoor World assistant told me the sleeping bag I liked (a mummy style one) would keep me warm in the arctic. Mine was a one night *camp over in a pub garden, in England, in May and I froze in it *I'm talking of a few years ago, when my health was better, before I stopped smoking. Come on folks let us all know what keeps you warm when camping, no I don't mean the boy/girl friend lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/10/2011 13:13  

Sleeping bag? You gettin soft, lad?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/10/2011 13:13  

in process of looking on ebay Sandi,,,,not finished yet but will post maybe's when i'm done... XK,,,i'm just a big softie at heart ,,,we used to cold weather up proper north,,,this is just in case lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/10/2011 13:19  

My advice Craig is check in at a b&b. Central heating, fluffy pillows, warm duvet lol.
Seriously, if you do find one Craig let me know. That's what I'm after for the summer!!! Got circulation probs so feel the cold. Check out local army stores if you have one, they may have one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/10/2011 13:40  

LOL LR that's what I would do, go B & B

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/10/2011 13:43  

I was in Winfields at Garforth yesterday Craig, there must be @ 50 sleeping bags hanging up in there. If you go to squires sometime it's close by so worth a visit. Tents are expensive in there though, and i didn't look at doss bag prices so i don't know if they're expensive as well.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 19/10/2011 13:47  

get 2 cheaper ones 1 Large 1 X-Large and put one inside the other. or just pay loads of money for one you will get very little use out of ?

Update Reply
JP @ 19/10/2011 14:25  

Never thought of that before JP, what a brilliant idea!

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 19/10/2011 14:41  

Just me being a tight git lol

Update Reply
JP @ 19/10/2011 14:48  

Also, you can get sleeping bad liners Craig. Sometimes silk or more often cotton, and they add a season to your bag's rating when used in conjunction. Cheap as chips and roll up just a bit bigger than a pair of socks.

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 19/10/2011 16:00  

Always look for what season it covers, winter you would need a 4 season one.

Update Reply
Timeout @ 19/10/2011 17:05  

I'll be ok, I've just checked my spice rack, and I've got 6 seasons

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/10/2011 17:19  

XK you are ALL spice !!!!!! lol. Craig I have a fantastic sleeping bag in an XL, I can honestly say that since I got it at the beginning of the season I have never been cold at all. It's a Vango Nitestar 300 XLXQ - honestly I can highly recommend this sleeping bag it has a hood as well and is so roasty toasty pet. Good luck

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 19/10/2011 18:48  

Only problem with two doss bags one inside the other is the extra space required for carrying them on the bike! But I do agree two cheapo lower season bags are good!

Update Reply
Rattay @ 19/10/2011 18:57  

Go for down instead of synthetic, will pack smaller and get warm quicker. Mine's a sprayway (synthetic so not so good for the back of a bike size wise) and I've not had any issues, haven't done winter but I have been on my own in the tent... Get to a decent outdoor shop, hitch n hike and the like. FFS don't trust the likes of Millets or Blacks... (rolls eyes)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/10/2011 19:22  

Graig try nordec artic bags bit dear but good write ups,also look at ray mears site get some ideas,im also looking at getting a new bag for the same reason,bivi bags are good to as have used mine witn no tent just tarp,also im looking at aussie swag bags no tent needed lol, im looking at doing some winter rallys here and abroad have fun looking catch up soon

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 19/10/2011 19:24  

After last bloody winter I'll be watching this thread carefully.......might just replace me duvet at bed time

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 19/10/2011 20:12  

thanks for all the tips folks,,,i'll check them all out over next week or two,,,and any more are welcome,,,, Ive already got a bivi bag to put sleeping bag in inside tent for extra warmth,,,,,will get a bag liner this wkend for starters.... will browse ebay later as just got in from work,,,,need a drink !!!!! cheers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/10/2011 22:21  

Just googled that one katie,,,,its only 2-3 season and i'll be camping in minus temperatures !!!size wise its great though ......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/10/2011 22:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email