MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Karma points

Karma points (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Karma points (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Karma points

Because Trish, you know that things (?) are not always as they seem....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2011 09:43  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqP3wT5lpa4

Update Reply
321johno @ 08/10/2011 10:28  

couldnt agree more kwakarider

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2011 12:14  

Yeah, it's amazing the things people will do to boost their reputation

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2011 12:29  

confused now - does that mean you believe high bm karma and boosted reputation are the same thing??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2011 12:36  

most definitely not!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2011 12:39  

sorry - just thought thats what you're previous msg intimated, hence my confusion!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2011 12:41  

Nope, that's just what you perceived it to mean, as you're aware, everything in life is open to interpretation.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2011 12:52  

very true
so matt, any chance of total removal of karma, or individual members choice to be included or not??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2011 13:01  

yep I think it does nothink but boost egos so I dont see any other reson to have it

Update Reply
JP @ 08/10/2011 13:46  

boost egos for some.....perhaps damage egos for some....perhaps IMO, neither are worth people 'cuddling' their heads over!!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 08/10/2011 13:52  

did some1 mention chicken korma.........ha ha

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 08/10/2011 20:44  

Yea FBJ, that was Bandit Lover lol I agree with Mandy, make it optional, but I also think it should be dumped altogether. It makes folk competitive, and I suspect some folk only send PMs to others, and do other qualifying activities, to boost their karma rating.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/10/2011 00:04  

sorry only got internet for a few mins so can't read over all this topic. But... Karma wont be removed NOR made optional. For a plenty of reasons I wont go into, but the system IS good and it DOES work. It makes the site a lot more dynamic and it makes SOME people return to the site when otherwise they might not. It also adds a bit of "trust" and "security" in a way for some people. Some folks simply just aren't smart enough to spot spammers and they fall for the traps before mods get chance to remove the spammer. Anyone with half a brain can spot a spammer a mile off, especially when they just joined today and they're sending you PMs saying how much they want God to bless a relationship with you etc. You wont believe how many people are dumb enough to fall for it! Well, the Karma system helps people see someone else's credibility in the community... and it's always visible under a person's picture when they send you a PM (without you having to dig into their profile to try and work out of they're a spammer or not). The system wont be removed or made optional, absolutely not. Sorry.

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/10/2011 16:43  

Roll up, roll up, get yer chicken karma here !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2011 18:23  

@matt - i would've had more respect for you had your response simply been "karma wont be removed or made optional because i say so" - your attempted "spammer" justification is feeble at best!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2011 18:47  

I hate the whole karma thing too, but it was in place when we all signed up along with a lot of other rules so c'est la vie.
I think it does more harm than good but if the spammer thing is a genuine concern then why not keep it and just remove the top 20? That way no real competition issues or need for extraneous posts or PMs to get to the top of the table. Not aimed at anyone at all before people get the ump, I just personally don't like the top 20 thing.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2011 18:56  

I can see your point Matt, and think you're right. People . . . . . ignore it if you want to (I mostly do) but be aware of Matts above statement. If you are PM'd by a Lady/Man, promising you all you've ever wanted and more, and it seems to good to be true . . . it probably is!!! by checking out the Karma rating you will see at a glance whether they are chancers, or 'real' people who have interacted on the site with no - or little - complaints from others. If you don't agree with the Karma, then don't look at it. Personally, I dont really know or care how karma is added or subtracted, it's just an indication that somebody has been active on the site without hassling people(who surely would've reported it).

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2011 19:07  

thats a great suggestion BM - do away with the top 20. what do you say matt?? x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2011 19:09  

so, high karma points makes someone "trustworthy" does it?

I beg to differ, from bitter experience!

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 09/10/2011 19:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email