MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Need Info

Need Info - Forums [Biker Match] Need Info - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Need Info

Anyone heard of a member/user by the name of gob? He has left a few of us in chat room very concerned for his wellbeing.Any info will be greatly appreciated - thanks

Update Reply
jude831 @ 09/06/2007 14:18  

the more inforamtion the better, it is quite urgent !

Update Reply
Mr Shaggy @ 09/06/2007 14:29  

Been in chat with jude and this person isn't a member on this site under this name and we need to know if anyone has seen this person before? They may have used "gob" when they've been booted from chat previously. If you know who this person is can you please let me know as soon as possible!

Update Reply
Di @ 09/06/2007 14:30  

Anyone?

Update Reply
Di @ 09/06/2007 14:44  

I just hope the poor guy got help and is ok -

Update Reply
jude831 @ 09/06/2007 14:46  

Same here jude, same here.

Update Reply
Di @ 09/06/2007 14:47  

makes me sad knowing someone is out there hurting,upset and we cant do a dam thing - gob if you read this talk to us....we really need to know if you are ok PLEASE

Update Reply
jude831 @ 09/06/2007 14:50  

Obviously whatever this chatter said has upset some of you but how genuine was he/she? Some people go into to chat rooms just to get attention, the most obvious way is to start trouble but some use the 'woe is me' way. No offence meant by that comment, just pointing out that some people are very good at conning others and it's easy to do on the net. I hope the person IS ok and that they felt better just for getting it off their chest. Even tho I wasn't in the chat room at the time I do know that the regulars will have tried to make this person feel better. There's not much you can do really, except hope they return. Makes you realise what a wonderful job the samaritans do, doesn't it?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/06/2007 19:17  

absolutely think in this case it was probably someone using a fake name not sure

Update Reply
jude831 @ 09/06/2007 19:24  

Any member can use a different name in the chat room and if they do then obviously it will show up as not being a member and not having a profile.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/06/2007 19:42  

when did all this happen?

Update Reply
RC @ 09/06/2007 19:42  

I'm assuming around about the same time the thread was started?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/06/2007 19:45  

oh right i for once wasnt in chat for a change was out with me sister at a bbq xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
RC @ 09/06/2007 19:49  

obvoiusly it was a fake id and thats sick -

Update Reply
jude831 @ 09/06/2007 22:58  

Who ever it was, was signed into chat as "gob". It had to be a false name 'cos I couldn't find them on either site under that name. They said they had taken 20 sleeping tablets! So you can see why we were concerned. I have a big feeling that it was someone trying to wind us up but we couldn't take the chance that it was. So, jude, pillionbloke and Mr Shaggy, ( all in chat with me when it happened ) I will apologise on behalf of bc & bm for the concern I know you all felt when it happened and I'm sorry that any person on either of the two sites feels that this is a good way to get their entertainment. Diane. xx

Update Reply
Di @ 10/06/2007 02:39  

cant find him/her on BC either. eeek

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/06/2007 07:41  

The txt from this post has been removed as it wasn't posted by yellowman. Diane.

Update Reply
TRAILPETE @ 10/06/2007 11:36  

Di, altho I suggested that it could have been a hoax the chatter may have been sincere, just cos he/she isn't registered, and the name doesn't appear on B M or BC, doesn't mean they were winding people up. When I enter the chat room I chat as Kwak so my name won't show up on the membership list as I'm not registered as Kwak but I'm not trying to wind anyone up, well not intentionally lol Most threats of suicide are cries for help, and are just that 'threats', that's why they tell someone what they've done or are going to do.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/06/2007 14:34  

Not gonna worry kwak cos he/she was cooking dinner for their son. Make of it what you will!!!

Update Reply
Di @ 10/06/2007 14:46  

im lost

Update Reply
RC @ 10/06/2007 14:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email