MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Drag racing

Drag racing - Forums [Biker Match] Drag racing - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Drag racing

An bikers into watching drag racing at Santa Pod.....Went to one event approx 3 years ago....European Finals.......bikes and cars competing.....had a great day out. Wouldnt mind going again sometime.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2011 13:04  

It's been years since I have been to the 'pod'. Used to go every year in my youth and went with the car club I was in for a few years. That was back int he day when a customized car meant hand painted art work, sculptered body work and cleaming chrome V8's every where! A custyom car now seems to be one with a big stereo system in it!! lol.

Update Reply
RobL @ 08/06/2011 14:30  

i havent been there for ages wow i forgot about it lol

Update Reply
kaycat @ 08/06/2011 14:36  

you can't beat a good run what ya brung at the pod :)

Update Reply
Gloom @ 08/06/2011 20:48  

i used to go to the drag racing at elvington its just a few miles from me. now famous for,, the hampsters crash site!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 08/06/2011 21:04  

I went to Elvington for an auto66 club meet a couple of years ago...didnt like it at all.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2011 21:52  

Not been to Elvington for ages, is it still going???

Last time I went drag racing I tripped over my heels!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/06/2011 21:59  

not sure bbz,, i dont have a bike so i dont get about much unless im asked,,,, which is usaully never.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 09/06/2011 19:37  

Hmmmmmmm dribbling again lol! Top fuels at Santa pod is awesome! Not been for 2 years tho but love it...I must hav a noise fetish coz it's the vrooooom whoosh I love lol! god I need to organise my holidays better next year!!

Update Reply
mizzi @ 09/06/2011 20:01  

yes Elvington is still going...AUTO66 hold some of their race meets their together with olivers mount, cadwell and middlesbrough aerodrome not forgetting Croft.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2011 20:01  

Cheers for the Info.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2011 20:16  

No problem

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2011 20:48  

Straightliners run at Elvington, East Kirby, the pod & a few other places too ... Ians brother Mike used to race his bike with them, as did Janet his sister & her husband still does

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 10/06/2011 11:20  

This almost sounds like an idea to arrange a BM gathering at one of the POD events!
Weekend camping, lots of powerful big engines and a laugh or two on the way!!

Update Reply
RobL @ 10/06/2011 11:42  

Not been to the Pod since about 77, used to make bits out of high spec metals for some of the bike racers, ran the start up rollers early in the morning when nobody else wanted to get up. Distant memories.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 10/06/2011 19:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email