MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Musical Bikers

Musical Bikers - Forums [Biker Match] Musical Bikers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Musical Bikers

After reading the scuba diving thread (which is relevant to my interests as it goes), I wondered what other shared interests we all have.

I play bass and guitar as well as bit's and pieces of other things.

So, any other biking musicians here?

Update Reply
Drum @ 17/09/2010 00:42  

I sing badly and attempted to learn the guitar, does it count?

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 17/09/2010 07:50  

I played in rock bands for many years, lead quitar in the poision, jovi, vai, halen style all hair and 80's posing lol. I then moved over to classical, doing weddings, restaurants and a few stints on classic fm.

Update Reply
giantdog @ 17/09/2010 08:57  

I am self taught at guitair and keyboards, always wanted to play the drums and had a set for a couple of years but i looked worse than animal from the muppets !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/09/2010 09:27  

I play bass, guitar and mediocre vocals. Played in a few bands over the years but currently not playing with anybody, kinda miss it tbh ;p Could get together and put stuff together for that open mic night...except I couldn't do Mondays ;p

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 17/09/2010 11:10  

learning how to play the drums, piano and violin at the moment ,cant afford lessons , trying to teach myself , played guitar for a few years though..... we,ll have to get a band going , make some money, ha ha

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 17/09/2010 13:05  

I have a guitar.......keep meaning to learn!!!

Update Reply
Ducatirebel77 @ 17/09/2010 13:14  

Ohhh fav subject.

Seem to spend half my life doing band stuff.....

Have a classic rock covers band on the go TUSKAN - a few people on the site have seen us.

Also N.I.B. (Nativity In Black) a Sabbath/Ozzy tribute band - got some gigs coming up in the Bolton area ......an AWESOME band (drummers average...lol but guitarist is unbelievable.

Just joined a Thin Lizzy tribute band called BLACK ROSE gigs in Burnley and Blackpool coming up.

Off to OZZFEST tomorrow....

Baz

Update Reply
DTR30 @ 17/09/2010 14:28  

Hey Baz, how many weekends do you get in your month? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/09/2010 16:33  

Ah black rose!!

A north east band, they've been around for years

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/09/2010 16:47  

Kwak - I have removed the need for sleep to create extra time....lol

Shadowfax - this is a North West band so must be different.

Update Reply
DTR30 @ 17/09/2010 17:17  

The one in the north east, same name, and a lizzy tribute band.

http://www.chris-watson.com/blackrose.htm

But apparently they broke up in 1989, bloody hell is it that long ago since I saw them????

Positive I saw them after that in a few pubs around the north east, unless the name was resurrected for them ..............

Ah found them !! http://freespace.virgin.net/ben.2much/blackrose/welcome.htm

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/09/2010 18:34  

I have played the flute since being 9, played in greater Manchester youth orchestra for 6 years.

Had a mad moment at 15 when I learnt the drums. But was never allowed my own set at home ..: they never minded me practicing my flute playing in the house!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/09/2010 18:43  

Played Bass in a few bands, but now just play along to CD's

Update Reply
guzzi-rob @ 19/09/2010 14:09  

I *banged the drums in the Air Force cadets, does that count? *well ya couldn't call it 'playing', not unless ya were completely deaf.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/09/2010 14:17  

I played keyboards badly for a bit, I'm now teaching myself Bass and Lead Guitars.....God help us all. The godawful row in my house when I get going is nothing to behold....but I'm lovin everyminute of it.. keep on rockin gang

Update Reply
Phantom1539 @ 19/09/2010 17:04  

I gave up learning after a couple of years, didn't spend enough time on it and was too impatient with my slow progress... I love music though, I listen to something pretty much all the time

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 19/09/2010 18:08  

Hmmm....own random percussion instruments for that special extra to our BM band!! Bongos and tambourine and that odd thumb-harp thingy already been sampled....ask Meerkat!!!
Refuse to admit to playing piano and guitar as "playing" is beyond definition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 21/09/2010 22:02  

So THAT is why bikers wear ear plugs

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/09/2010 22:21  

Well they all seemed to when they were at mine Kwak!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 21/09/2010 23:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email