MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Scuba diving DVDs wanted

Scuba diving DVDs wanted - Forums [Biker Match] Scuba diving DVDs wanted - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Scuba diving DVDs wanted

I've been talking to scubasteve about getting some DVDs and wanted to ask if anyone else has some available. I'm looking for all the PADI training DVDs, right up to dive-master if possible. I only want to borrow them for a few weeks and I will of course pay the postage and upgrade anyone's account who can help.

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/07/2010 21:40  

Hiya Matt, I know you asked for DVDs but I've got the BSAC Diving Manual and a Student Workbook (up to Ocean Diver & Sports Diver) that you're welcome to have as I've given up SCUBA diving...... PM me your address and I'll post them off to you. Angie

Update Reply
awokenangel @ 10/07/2010 00:40  

that's ok thanks Angie, I've got the PADI open water DVDs and books already, I'm looking for further education. Why did you give up such a great sport???

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/07/2010 10:10  

Ok, no prob. I gave it up after having a near-death experience on my first open water dive!! So I just stick to snorkelling now

Update Reply
awokenangel @ 10/07/2010 10:13  

wow really? what happened? I'm sure with the proper education that it wouldn't happen again. Please don't just give up diving, it's an amazing hobby and a great way to experience the other 2 thirds of the world we live in.

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/07/2010 11:59  

I suppose looking back it wasn't that dramatic and I can laugh at it now because describing it makes me laugh, but it put me off enough to realise I'm not brave enough to do the open water diving thing..... I was in Santorini. I'd done a fair bit of pool training and arranged to do a one-to-one dive training dive with an instructor. We were in about 8 metres not too far from the shore and all was going well - I was really enjoying it being up close and personal with the fishies and then we knelt on the sea bed to do some exercises. That was going well too, until a ferry went past not far away just as I was about to put my mouthpiece back in. The swell caused me to lose my balance and I dropped the octopus and took in a lung full of water instead. I panicked like mad and hoofed it to the surface losing a fin in the process so was going round in bloody circles!! My instructor retrieved my fin, took me back to the shore and after I'd coughed and spluttered for about ten minutes and got my breath back, we went back in - briefly!!! I did a couple of pool dives when I got home, but then hung up my stab jacket.... That was four years ago. I still snorkel, but that's all. So, do you know anyone who wants to buy an almost new BCD - used only three times in the pool?

Update Reply
awokenangel @ 10/07/2010 12:24  

matt have you tried local library just had a look online see if there was anything available for download but not alot there

Update Reply
wozabee @ 10/07/2010 17:41  

Are the scuba lessons incase you have to ditch the aircraft??

Update Reply
Phil @ 10/07/2010 23:29  

no im sticking with planes too lol, but swimming/diving is good for me at the moment with my hernia. I've not been able to fly for 4 months or more now. Woz, the library is a good idea. Though i think they'll all be in Dutch here in Holland if I do try that. Angel, that sucks that you had a fright on your first OW dive and I'm not surprised it put you off. PLEASE don't give up, continue your training and then laugh about it later, it's a great hobby.

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/07/2010 23:55  

Nice thought Matt, but that ship has well and truly sailed! It was something I always wanted to do, and got the opportunity cos a guy I used to work with was the local BSAC dive master. But like I said, I'm just not brave enough!! I'll stick to snorkelling - I can still play with the fishies and I don't get scared!!!

Update Reply
awokenangel @ 11/07/2010 11:59  

I went diving today, what a horrible experience. The visibility in the lake was no more than 1 metre. If I stopped looking at my buddy I would instantly loose sight of him. Couldn't see the floor or anything around. Gave me a horrible sense of vertigo

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/07/2010 12:11  

I could get the kids to video me with armbands and goggles on in their paddling pool, but I suspect that isn't quite what you're after

Update Reply
GT63 @ 11/07/2010 12:15  

Matt - my point exactly !! If I was ever to dive again, it certainly wouldn't be in quarries or dark dank lakes - only in crystal clear warm seas!! Wish I had the lung capacity to free dive - now that would be a thrill!! GT - that'd give us all a smile though

Update Reply
awokenangel @ 11/07/2010 12:32  

freediving can be learnt. You gotta get your cardio fitness up to speed and practice holding your breath basically. 10 times per day just hold your breath whilst resting and time yourself. You'll get better each day. Eventually start walking and holding your breath. Then do it while walking up the stairs. :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/07/2010 16:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email