MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Government Contracts:----

Government Contracts:---- - Forums [Biker Match] Government Contracts:---- - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Government Contracts:----

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken wall at 10 Downing Street;One from London, another from Bristol and the third, Liverpool.They go with a government official to examine the wall.The London contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. 'Well', he says, 'I figure the job will run about £900: £400 for materials, £400 for my crew and £100 profit for me.'The Bristol contractor also does some measuring and figuring, and then says, 'I can do this job for £700: £300 for materials, £300 for my crew and £100 profit for me.'The Liverpool contractor doesn't measure or figure but leans over to the Government official and whispers, "£2,700."The official, incredulous, says, 'You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'The Liverpool contractor whispers back, '£1000 for me, £1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Bristol to fix the wall.''Done!' replies the government official.

Update Reply
Phil @ 24/06/2010 14:32  

nah, 'new' government now will be squeaky clean, they promise, so it's official

Update Reply
clarissa @ 24/06/2010 15:57  

no chance, dodgy bunch

Update Reply
smokey_1_uk @ 24/06/2010 16:44  

Come on you will be hard pushed to get a dodgier bunch than labour, I can't believe Brown a Euro integration team working away in the back ground paving the way for us to join the Euro......that man is a dishonest snake and all the budgetry land mines they signed up to in the run up to the election was just to try and mess up the in coming new government...... ......glad they have (the coalition) the strengh of mind to just halt all these crap money wasting schemes out right. If things go to plan we should reap the benefits by 2015 and see the results to the economy much sooner...... darkness before light but lets hope the next time labour get in they don't bankrupt us again 3 times they have done nearly done it in my lifetime so far......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/06/2010 17:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email