MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Hounds for Heroes

Hounds for Heroes - Forums [Biker Match] Hounds for Heroes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Hounds for Heroes

Dont know whether anyone has heard of this but i thought i'd bring it to your attention. I know a lot of people on here support Help for Heroes but for those of an animal orientated persuasion this is a very worthwhile cause. http://www.houndsforheroes.com/ It would be good to try and think up something to support them, if enough are interested??

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 02/03/2010 20:48  

Would all heroes want a hound tho?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/03/2010 20:58  

Not all heroes will get one Kwak..just those that want one and need one to help them get through their daily grind. If anyone has ever read the book/seen the film Endal, then they'll get the picture

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 02/03/2010 21:38  

Ah righto, I think I misunderstood what I read, sorry D C no offence meant. *I'll slap meself, save you the bother*

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/03/2010 21:41  

No offence taken Kwak. Its a very new charity and one i think is a little different to the others. Its a specific aide for a specific target. I think its a brilliant idea. I support HFH as much as i can and will be doing the RTTW this year(couldnt make it last year) and as you know, i love my animals. This way i can support both. I wont support the RSPCA as they dont do what they say on the tin, and i'd like to think my money is being spent on helping as many needy causes as i think deserve it. As the site says, ultimately they hope to rehabilite stray/abandoned dogs into the programme. Perfect i say!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 02/03/2010 21:48  

That looks like a very good cause Dark Carnival. I have a couple of failed assistance dogs on my flyball team. Great dogs just didnt make the grade. We even have some disabled handlers who have assistance dogs who do the sport as a means of blowing off steam. ( the dogs that is)

Now that I know of this group I shall definitely make them a priority for any fund raising activities either through flyball or the fire brigade.
Nice one for raising awareness !

John

Update Reply
smokey_1_uk @ 12/03/2010 10:07  

The good thing about it John is that its not just for Forces personnel, its also for our emergency services.

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 12/03/2010 10:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email