MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

What leathers are better

What leathers are better  - Forums [Biker Match] What leathers are better  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

What leathers are better

ok ive got a pair of leather trousers and a textile jacket but whats better two peace or one peace leathers ive never tried one peace through fear of looking a right pollard discuss ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 24/02/2010 19:35  

two piece that zip together

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 24/02/2010 19:37  

One piece is stronger for spills depending on make etc but the equivalent 2 piece will be weaker at joins.... ...summer when its roasting at least with a 2 piece you can take jacket of instead of the top hanging around youe legs with the other

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2010 19:41  

I like the combination of textile jkt and leather trs, but if I was going all leather then it would be two piece, for reasons as above....summer if we get one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2010 20:47  

Neal go for a 2 piece if you don't want to look like a whale in lycra

My two piece was great in summer but it is obviously weaker if you're being rubbed down the tarmac. The weakest point will be the zip between the jacket and pants but I wear braces inside my jacket to prevent being strided if i'm sliding head first

To be honest if you're buying a one piece and spending less than 500 big ones, the leather's likely to be crap quality unless you find a real bargain

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 24/02/2010 20:51  

mine are actualy bib n brace jeans and textile jacket so back and belly covered so the weak piont of the zip not a problem

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 24/02/2010 21:08  

Thought you were looking at buying trousers and jacket Neal, better off buying a good leather jacket then and at least you can take it off when the suns crackin the flags!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 24/02/2010 21:17  

allways looking at stuff rusty even hologram visors

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 24/02/2010 21:19  

The best are Kangaroo hide leathers which can be expensive but they are a lot lighter than cow hide and as a one peace give the best protection.
You can get two peace in kangaroo hide and for non track use they are easier than a one piece for touring purpose.
There are many types from top line; Arlen Ness, Dainese.Texport,Spyke or Crowtree/BKS made to measure, on the cheaper front JTS do a good line of suits with good armour for not much money.

It comes down to money with most people.....how much do you value your hide WN.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 24/02/2010 21:41  

Twinnie IMO a man in leather can only ever look sexy

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/02/2010 22:22  

jeans and a T shirt......oh and a occ jacket...simples.....waits for the barrage of abuse !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2010 22:40  

Gotta be better wearing two piece of any combinatio that looking like a frog about to $hit itself when walking around in a one-piece suit. I always feel safer wearing one of my leather jackets over wearing my textile jacket. Granted the textile is far superior in the colder/wetter weather, but I also have a textile jacket with no padding/armour which I wear over my leather jacket in the bad weather. It's also hi-viz which helps the numpties in their boxes spot you on a dark night. Leather for me any day! ps Always wear good fitting leather trousers as wellI finally succumbed to Cassie's 'persuasion' and bought a new pair of trousers, which don't have an ar$e that hangs down to my knees . pps Ian - does 'occ' stand for Old, Comfortable & Cosy?

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 24/02/2010 22:42  

wouldn't wear a one piece don't want to look like a power ranger lol I find owt that i feel comfy n warm n dry helps in this country lol

Update Reply
petervalk @ 24/02/2010 22:52  

yup the young uns laughed at me one day when I put on my bib n brace frank tomas bottoms and my big jacket.....but hey 2 hrs later in the pissing rain....guess who was laughing then ....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2010 23:05  

def 2 piece, seein peeps in the all in ones reminds me of andy pandy suits, also if the bums baggy they look like u have pooped themselfs

Update Reply
drobess @ 24/02/2010 23:05  

ha ha if Iglad i started training again after my leg injury or doesn't matter if leather trousers or not I'd be looking like a stranded hippo on a mud bank lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2010 23:07  

Tight ones

Update Reply
moonstone @ 25/02/2010 00:03  

Frog sh*tting, andy pandy, power ranger suits......well.....well.....well.. what's wrong with them for fecks sake....
I would rather wear my race suit than anything else i have solely due to the tough kangaroo hide and armour within the suit.
Is it me...... aren't we suppose to buy equipment based on what it does and not how it looks.
Bah humbug......

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 25/02/2010 01:45  

This is really the same as the Harley debate - everyone has their own opinions & likes & dislikes. Get whatever YOU feel comfortable with. So long as it's got some sort of protection in - armour etc . I have a 2 piece, but it's bright blue & white, so I always wear a fleece over the jacket lol. But that's only for decent weather. Usually I have me Frank Thomas armoured gortex jacket & then leather bottoms. Or armoured gortex bottoms if the weather's a bit naff.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 25/02/2010 09:02  

"This is really the same as the Harley debate " Er no it's not lol all bikes have th ability to put you in a situation where you need outer protection, (well accept when the Harley is in for repair or in the garage when to damp weather or on a trailer to or from somewhere lol). I've ridden for far to many years without any thing on the bottom half other than work jeans "I know I know stop sucking in air sharply with your lips pursed lol" I have both textile and leather two piece sets full armored but in truth only wore the leather bottoms twice (so far) I'm sure we all have different taste in protection quote from Waynes World " ribbed for her pleasure" opps sorry BJ I do feel safer in my leathers but unless I take up road or track racing I'll not be caught in a romper suit. Straight jacket well that's not yet compulsory lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 25/02/2010 14:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email