MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Suggestions to improve BM

Suggestions to improve BM (9) - Forums [Biker Match] Suggestions to improve BM (9) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Suggestions to improve BM

lol .. do you know where we can bulk buy them Jackie ...

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/03/2010 23:04  

Shell i have managed to gain several extra pairs for next encounter lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/03/2010 23:05  

Maybe we should adopt the wearing of Borat mankini's for all meets...a tad chilly but think of the fun lol..... I can here it now children screaming, old ladies fainting...and thats before we take of the jackets lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/03/2010 23:07  

JTB sumo has been there and done that lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/03/2010 23:09  

I know BJ, been there, done THAT.....john, you do what you like..............

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 25/03/2010 23:10  

oh yes has he !!!!!!

MORE than once !!!!!

refer to last years Ure Wecome rally pics for the proof ... & was worn without the use of a safety net too

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/03/2010 23:11  

and he didnt even give me chance to reach for me specs !!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/03/2010 23:12  

hmmmmmmmmm.......... thank goodness I returned to the nest before he revealed...............

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 25/03/2010 23:14  

Ur lucky Nut i was standing by the fire and nearly fell in it , one BBQ BJ coming up

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/03/2010 23:21  

haha, thought that was DC lmao !!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 25/03/2010 23:24  

sorry kwak thought u was a mod thanks for all ur hard work all of you !!

Update Reply
bigned @ 26/03/2010 01:45  

Yeti creeping wont help lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/03/2010 09:39  

At the risk of raising the dead (topic - but I will get round to this one), I've not visited the site for a few nights and having browsed the forums as I do when I log on (and even as a relative newcomer I comment on occasionally) you've guessed it, I've seen the critical string of posts re the quality of the site and 'club'. I'd like to say thank you, it's the best entertainment I've had for days, I was fairly gostering - and I believe thats a middle earth term so hopefully a few of you will have a clue what I'm on about. I haven't read through much of this one cos, harking back again, it's gone off topic, which I don't mind, but you'll have to put up with me chancing repeating someone elses comments rather than trawl through banter. As a relative newcomer I have often looked through posts and wonder why members use the forums to chat rather than the chat room. I also notice that the chat bit above looks a tad livelier than usual so the comment may have been picked up already, but if the chat were a really lively thread you would struggle to join it as you can only see the last few comments and can't tell when they were posted (unless this is a snapshot of something that is elsewhere which I have yet to find). So, back on topic, a suggested enhancement to the site would be to extend the live chat facility to show a higher number of posts, with date/time displayed so that you know if it's worth joining in, and the forum posts could be minimised to show just the first couple of lines in the post followed by ... or (cont) where necessary (and note that's an o not a u) - so that you can a)See if the members comments are a lengthy post, and b)Page through drivel quicker. Harking back to the earlier post - I have to agree with 2 other comments, one from each side, yes newcomers are welcomed and responded to in the forums, I can attest to that, and have been encouraged to attend do's through posts in the forum. But in person at Matlock Bath, it was a different matter. Luckily Wills had given me his mob, or I wouldn't have found you at all, and if it hadn't been for him I would have felt like a right prick cos although when Wills introduced me people spoke, I don't think anyone actually came and spoke to me. I give the benefit of the doubt and put that down to the fact that I appear to be a sourfaced obnoxious cow, but I think I'm lovely really and was a bit disappointed. Of course it works both ways, but if I were confident enough to walk up to 20 or more biker dudes in Matlock Bath and start randomly chatting to them I could do that every night rather than logging on here. But perhaps if I was up to that caper I would be a suitable candidate for Pastures, an extinct middle earth facility. My last suggestion would be for shock treatment through the keyboard for anyone who goes on too much!!!!!!!! Ouch....

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 14/04/2010 23:51  

Thanks Julie, Jackie and bigned for your comments. 6ypsy, I know what you mean cos I feel the same at gatherings. Folk say hi and some even share the hugs, which is nice, but I always feel like I'm on the outside looking in. That's why I started taking my camera, so I could break the ice with folk. I guess if I didn't talk so much folk may get a word in lol. Give it time I'm sure there'll be loads of folk wanting to chat with you.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/04/2010 00:11  

6ypsy thanks for the kind remarks. As Kwak says, keep at it and hopefully it'll all come together.

Update Reply
Wills @ 15/04/2010 00:34  

Cheers Kwak, I wasn't put off, I'm off up't north soon camping with a few, once they're in a pub I can corner them then they'll have to talk lol! And am meeting up with attendees at ITV. Had just returned for an apologetic after thought. I work in Business Improvement hence my willingness to comment, but it really hacks me off that people are always happy to pick fault but never acknowledge the good points. I joined the site last year, but due to spending most of the year on me death bed (slight exageration) I barely visited. I'm back on form now and have visited often over the past couple of months. I find the site to be very user friendly, and is well designed, if you are an amateur Matt, you should consider web design as a career, and the forums can't be that off putting to newcomers cos I subscribed so that I can post. If people ramble on it's the people not the site, and I'm sure that if it starts to get annoying the moderators will allow others to tell them to knob off - politely!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 15/04/2010 00:36  

let us use capitals lol

Update Reply
reaper_soul_man64 @ 16/04/2010 10:47  

Reaper, on the internet using capital letters for entire posts is considered unfriendly as it's SHOUTING. It's ok to use caps for emphasis, just for one or two words, but not entire posts. Apart from that caps are difficult to read and you may appreciate that the moderators have to read thro the posts to make sure all is ok so it wold take them even longer to do their job.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/04/2010 14:35  

I think one of the problems we have is that the forums are a way to get hold of someone .. you can post something (some will consider a ramble) & someone can log on 6 hours later & see what you said y=to them & reply, thats how come the banter ends up in a forum rather than chat.

I know it can be a pain in the pinny when stuff goes off topic ... but we all do it .. even mods ... although they tend not to as often (but they still do)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/04/2010 14:39  

Shell thought you were going lol Everyone probably has ideas for how to improve or change BM (but being the little creep that i am and not having such a large chest as Shell or FG) i would like to say spanking good job Matt keep up the excellent work

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/04/2010 14:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email