MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Have any BM'rs managed to "quit"...

Have any BM'rs managed to "quit"... - Forums [Biker Match] Have any BM'rs managed to "quit"... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Have any BM'rs managed to "quit"...

smoking that is,i've tried many times and always found enough excuses to light up again...i've almost given up trying to give up!!

Update Reply
excalibur @ 28/09/2009 17:21  

Hats off to you for trying Exc.... I don't even try to stop! Keep trying...it might work one day!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 28/09/2009 17:23  

Thanx Cissy,i believe we all want to quit and know that we should,but it sure ain't easy..more difficult than a lot worse habits to chuck off.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 28/09/2009 17:29  

I do smoke roll ups though and have more than halved my consumption.... I tell myself that's better than doing nowt! I would love to wake up tomorrow and just never want to smoke again, and never think of it......

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 28/09/2009 17:30  

Nope never tried,enjoy it and ain't no-one going to stop me. I know its dangerous for me but then so is crossing the road,not exercising,eating fast food,drinking alcohol/coffee/tea,working on the roads,riding a motorcycle,driving a car and anything else the "people in the know" tell us.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 17:32  

I gave up smokin yrs ago and have neva had the desire 2 go bak 2 them, it took quite a few attempts tho, u will do it when yr ready excaliber. shame dietin is sooooooo bloomin hard though

Update Reply
drobess @ 28/09/2009 17:34  

Thats been my reason as well for years RD and the biggest problem is as you say *we enjoy it* , but i envy none smokers and if i could turn the clock back , i would'nt have taken that first pull.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 28/09/2009 17:37  

Don't get me wrong RD... I enjoy smoking... but hate that as a singer it is the worst possible thing.... hmmmm *lights a fag* hehe

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 28/09/2009 17:39  

I've managed 26 years without a fag, so thats going pretty good.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 17:44  

Can understand what your saying Cissy as a singer but alot of famous singers smoke. Its all a government plan to do away with us unwashed biker types i tell ya. As for turning the clock back,yeah would like to do the same cos fags were cheaper then.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 17:49  

I have a brother in law AND a son in law that are weekend smokers and i dont know how the f**k they do it! good on you SS.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 28/09/2009 17:51  

I am only 26 years old btw :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 17:54  

So am i.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 17:55  

RD lol , today still , a pack of 20 camels in South Africa cost just over 1pnd lesser known brands about 85p , no encouragement to quit there at these prices

Update Reply
excalibur @ 28/09/2009 17:57  

We are just being screwed up the on tax like normal.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 17:59  

I guess its the price over here that jolted my thinking of quitting again...funny thing is , where its not allowed i seem to manage...planes,trains,pubs and so on ...obviously riding the bike , i wont stop just for a fag ,will you???

Update Reply
excalibur @ 28/09/2009 18:14  

If i'm on a long journey then i will have one when i stop for fuel,and with my tank its about every 70 miles. (aren't custom tanks great?) As for flying its a case of having to put up with it but when i'm out the other end i'll light up. Don't really drink in pubs over here so its not a problem.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 18:17  

RD when we entered terminal 5 the only thing i could think of was getting out of the building lol , my poor wife had to check baggage etc..and she smokes too.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 28/09/2009 18:27  

Excalibur....I used to smoke a lot..one day I just woke up and thought that was it...and I haven't looked back especially when I gave up a packet of 20 were £2 now they are £6!!!!

I am going to be completely honest though...I still want one all these many years later...but its the cost that puts me off and the modern inconvenience of being a smoker...sometimes and only sometimes I give in and have the odd one..but I never ever want to return to smoking all the time..

Good luck...(oh yes just put the money you would spend on cigarettes, roll ups etc in a jar instead of buying them..that will give you a huge incentive to stop..it is amazing how much there is in that jar at the end of even a week!!)

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 28/09/2009 18:28  

It is difficult to wait but what can we do? Case of grabbing the bag and legging to the exit. True what you say BC,it is alot of money but if i die tomorrow a jar of money won't help me. Live for today for one day tomorrow will never come. Or something like that.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2009 18:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email