MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Ruby needs a full service...

Ruby needs a full service... (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Ruby needs a full service... (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Ruby needs a full service...

() ......... ..................U NO IT WOULD NOT BE ME!!>>>>>MR KXBLMNOP....... How very dare U ! () ,,,,,,,

Update Reply
Roaring Ruby @ 02/09/2009 03:45  

Thanks 2WF....I was right Ruby DOES need a good service to get her back into tip top condition...glad to know that Suzis tend to rattle like that....PHEW!!!!!! Ive been used to a quiet Honda....with very little umph....LOL

Just got to get Ruby serviced now....and she will be perfick!!!!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 07/09/2009 14:39  

she is in tip top condition !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/09/2009 16:03  

If I service her now..she can be done again next year just before her MOT...shes an old bike and I want to keep her in the best condition possible...I promised your friend I would...and I am keeping my word...just picking up the parts later in the week and then she will get some more TLC...shes worth every minute spent on her!

Ive ridden a 1000 miles on her already! WOW!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 13/09/2009 20:36  

OMG poor 2WF..bet he wished he'd never offered to service Ruby for me....bless!

Thank you for all your time and effort today...it is very much appreciated...

Ruby was a bit of a difficult girl today...the fairing was a bit of a bitch to get off as it hasn't been taken off in a long while..bit awkward..then there was the spark plugs..OMG never seen any like that before!..The oil filter was well and truly welded on too! What should have been a fairly routine service became an utter nightmare!

Air filter, Oil filter, oil, sparks etc done today...still a few things to do on her...but she was absolutely desperate for a service..once we got the fairing off to have a good close up look at her...

Got to take her out for a spin to see how shes running now..what a shame! LOL

Thanks again 2WF for all your kind help...I know I am grateful but I am sure Ruby is even more grateful...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 20/09/2009 22:34  

Great attitude towards your bike Rose, looking after it will hopefully give you many years of reliable and safe fun. Nice one 2WF for helping out

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/09/2009 23:06  

Sounds like you've had a Sunday like our Saturday. Geoff spent a good 10 hours yesterday servicing both our bikes which included all fluids on both bikes and front pads on mine. Thankfully my spark plugs were in good nick and didn't need changing as they're £11 EACH! Shall save those for a later date now. Don't they run so much sweeter after a service and regardless of previous history, it's good to start your own.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 20/09/2009 23:18  

How much?!! Piggin 'eck my plugs used to cost me about £1.50 lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/09/2009 23:28  

Tell me about it Kwak!! Geoff's for the CB1300 are £1.61 each but mine have an iridium core! Oh, and I've just been corrected, they were £11.99 each!!!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 20/09/2009 23:38  

i aint gonna comment as i know when the bike was last serviced, but glad your happy rose, and thanks to mark

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2009 23:40  

Cor! (core) is right Roachy lol How come yours have that, can't it run on ordinary plugs?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/09/2009 23:42  

I've got no idea and believe me, I asked the same question but I was told it's what NGK and Honda recommend for a CBR600F of my model. Good news is they last for AGES! (which is why after 22,000 miles on a 6+ year old bike, they're still in good nick.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 20/09/2009 23:51  

at that price they bloomin well oughta!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/09/2009 23:53  

You haven't heard the best bit Kwak - when we first looked into what plugs were needed, we were quoted £24 EACH from the dealer but found them on ebay for £12.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 21/09/2009 00:00  

*thud* fainted

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/09/2009 00:06  

Hey Sandi my air filter was £30 plus VAT.....for a genuine Suzuki one...

My plugs were not too bad about £5 each....the old ones looked like they had never been replaced since the bike was new...they were so corroded..it was amazing that Ruby was still running anywhere!

Bless Geoff Roachy..he's a star too..servicing 2 bikes!!!

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 21/09/2009 00:38  

Your more than welcome rose!! We'll get the other bits done very soon, then she's sorted.... Far enough Ian you know when it was last serviced, but were you there to see what was done and what was'nt, mate? I dont doubt she was given a service as you say, but to what extent isnt clear..... 2wf

Update Reply
Retrowheely @ 21/09/2009 02:08  

Lol @ Kwak! £30 + vat Rose, ouchie! Don't know how much mine would have been but David Silver Spares sell a service pack for mine for about £60 which includes the iridium plugs, oil and air filter. Didn't bother buying that though as I have a K&N air filter so needed a cleaning kit for it instead. And yes, you are right - Geoff is an absolute star for all his hard work as is Mark for helping you. Cheers guys

Update Reply
Roachy @ 21/09/2009 08:20  

My fingers hurt!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 21/09/2009 13:43  

whatever was done 2w is great, well done for helping the lady out.........oh and rose too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/09/2009 17:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email