MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Biker Jailed After Bootlace Chase

Biker Jailed After Bootlace Chase - Forums [Biker Match] Biker Jailed After Bootlace Chase - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Biker Jailed After Bootlace Chase

A motorcyclist has been sentenced to 10 months in jail after admitting dangerous driving by riding his bike when it was held together with bootlaces. The court was told Michael Robillard, 23, of Lymington Road, Torquay, reached speeds of up to 150mph on a Suzuki 600 before he was arrested by police following a chase on September 8 last year. His bike, which had a loose seat, low engine oil, and a fender hanging off, was being held together with DIY repairs and bootlaces. As he sped down the A380 Exeter to Newton Abbot dual carriageway concerned road workers waved to slow Robillard down, but he only came to a stop after police intervention. At Exeter Crown Court he pleaded guilty to dangerous driving, not having a licence or insurance and failure to stop for police. He was jailed and banned from driving for two years. Copyright © Press Association 2009

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/08/2009 19:25  

and they call me the king of drivel......are you printing the whole of the mcn tee cee ???? lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2009 19:26  

Just trying to get some BIKER related stuff back on here, Ian...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/08/2009 19:27  

i know buddy...just joking.....keeping it light hearted

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2009 19:28  

You were mocking my effort, Sir... As if I would 'read' Motorcycle news...huh!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/08/2009 19:31  

i mock everyone....as they mock me !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2009 19:32  

Where did he get the bootlaces TC (Top Cat?) Mine are always breaking. Office Dibble.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2009 19:32  

I believe the Harley bootlaces work quite well, Ric.. but they are £120 a pair. I once used MY bootlaces as a hand-controlled accelerator cable on my 2CV - got me the 40 miles home!! (wasn't Top Cat called Boss Cat over here and Top Cat in the US? (or the other way round))

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/08/2009 19:36  

lmao @ ric........top cat,,,,takes me back....with his coin on a string

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2009 19:36  

(wasn't Top Cat called Boss Cat over here and Top Cat in the US? (or the other way round) Dunno mate,too long ago to remember. Can't have Harley laces,i got a Kwak. Thats why my mudguard isn't called a fender or the petrol tank a gas tank.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2009 19:38  

RD he was from devon mate the bumpkins have special alien tech bootlaces they hold tractors together with them so a bike would be easy

Update Reply
punkdude @ 05/08/2009 19:38  

Who was from Devon,Top Cat?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2009 19:39  

Omg... would have loved to have seen the cartoon if he was....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/08/2009 19:41  

RD dont start me on f****ng fenders and gas tanks my harley has a mudguard and a petrol tank and the next HOG member who tells me they have a custom bike because they have bolted on a load of squawking chicken chrome bits might have need of a authorised harley davidson proctologist to remove them. stomps off ranting

Update Reply
punkdude @ 05/08/2009 19:50  

*quietly unscrews aftermarket accessories* Not that I call my bike a custom... I call it a LOT of things, but not a custom..... >pondering what the hourly rate of an HD approved proctologist would actually be!!<

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/08/2009 19:53  

Agree with you there PD. Know that some off them can be a tad defensive of the American Marque. (Engine parts made in Taiwan,electrics made in Japan,put together in Milwaukee).

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2009 19:54  

top cat set in devon now we are talking set in an alley near the ambrosia factory of course i think this needs to be made

Update Reply
punkdude @ 05/08/2009 19:56  

It's playing out in my head right now!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/08/2009 19:58  

We got TC,need Officer Dibble (Matt) and the others. Choo Choo,Benny the Ball,Brains,Fancy and Spook. Isn't wikipedia wonderful?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2009 20:00  

TC dont know the hourly rate but the patient would need a HD gown HD pyjamas & dressing gown for the recovery and they probably couldn't do the op if it was raining

Update Reply
punkdude @ 05/08/2009 20:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email