MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Answer to the credit crunch

Answer to the credit crunch - Forums [Biker Match] Answer to the credit crunch - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Answer to the credit crunch

I was reading some financial advice today from this wierd fella who reports for Channel 4. This guy offers people financial advice and helps them get out of debt and so forth. Anyway, he has an answer to the worldwide financial "crisis" that we are facing and it is dead easy ....... All we have to do is follow this simple 2 stage procedure; 1. Pay off all your debts, other than perhaps ("perhaps", is he kidding??) your mortgage and; 2. Save enough money to be able to live and pay all mortgage payments, bills and so forth for a minimum of 6 (yes 6!!) months and then do not touch this money apart from in an emergency. Now isn't that easy? (Is this guy kidding, is he in the real world at all??)

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 21/10/2008 22:13  

Wow.... when you think about it is so easy!!! Third World Famine?... give 'em something to eat! African drought?... get them some water....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 21/10/2008 22:21  

Flippy neck.

And there's me putting off having a hysterical-wreck-to-me cos I can't survive for 6 weeks on statutory sick pay... silly me... all I have to do is have 6 month's worth of expenses saved up.

Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/10/2008 22:28  

Dammit - best I can do is save 5 months worth! Might as well chuck the towel in now - goodbye cruel world... *waits for applause*

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/10/2008 22:44  

Unfornutately it's people like him that are running the country & are political leaders wordwide,bank employees,local goverment,health & saftey officers, people who don't live in the real world,the list goes on.With such fine upstanding moral,educated persons making all the rules,it kind of makes you wonder how we got into the financial mess we're in.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 22/10/2008 09:14  

When things get to tight to buy food,just nick it from Tescos

Update Reply
Oggy @ 22/10/2008 09:17  

Might as well chuck the towel in now - goodbye cruel world... Before you do..... Follow me and learn. I'm gonna find this Channel 4 guy and ROB HIM!!Suddenly, I'll have my six months contingency money, plus a bit extra for a new bike and other such sundry expenses. Strangely enough, so will all my friends. And best of all, we'll be missing an overpaid, Financial (mis-)Advising moron!!!!!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 22/10/2008 10:38  

there was a time when a lot peeps lived by the pay for nothing untill you have saved for it way!!i'm not moralisin here but i was brought up with this etho's you have to start early with this saving habit! i remember post office saving book given to me as a child and i saved!even on crap apprentice money i saved by workin overtime etc untill i got me 30 squid for my Lambretta D,no money for clubbin ok dont go out!!not borrow on a credit card and waste 50 squid down yr throat![i know youngster's who have done this my son included!] that's madness!! lot's of people only have themselves to blame for wantin everythin now!! wait a bit or go without the new bike an get cheaper second hand!! but this guy is nuts as you cant save if you have nothing!!as i say it has to start as soon as you start gettin pocket money from your parents, save some!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 22/10/2008 14:04  

there was a time when a lot peeps lived by the pay for nothing untill you have saved for it way That's how I live now, actually!! I must be older than I look.....

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 22/10/2008 15:09  

there was credit available, loan sharks,providence clubs,club books'but the general consensus was that it had to be avoided if possible!not rush in head first an borrow to the hilt for needless crap!!although of course some did!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 22/10/2008 15:20  

In some way I agree with you TM & most people do live that way,myself included but in this day & age with prices going up all the time & if you get a big unexpected bill like your car,bike,boiler all sorts going wrong it's not so easy to keep an even flow going on the savings front.I've never borrowed money but I find myself fighting a £25000 bill 'cause my ex went bankrupt! & apperently they have the right to chase me for it even though I never saw a penny of it or knew anything about it & I bet I'm not the only person who has found themselves in this position so it's not just down to people wanting it now culture.Times haven't changed that much & neither have peoples values.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 22/10/2008 16:29  

By the way,well done on the Lambretta thing,my first bike was an LI150 smothered with mirrors & lights & if I'd kept it it'd probably be worth enough to pay for half the money I need to pay the next six months worth of gas bills.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 22/10/2008 16:33  

true! times have changed guess its hard !!luckily my divorce was amicable as we didnt want greedy lawyers cashin in more than they had to!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 22/10/2008 17:20  

funny how i was a rocker bashin mod now a greasy rocker [sort of!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 22/10/2008 17:23  

Bloody Hell !!! TM on the Moral high ground that has to be a first. But I totally agree with you After that statement I may need to go and lie down in a quiet room

Update Reply
micksaway @ 23/10/2008 05:13  

I wasn't sure if it was really TM to be honest Mick But yes I agree with him too about the lawyers

Update Reply
Oggy @ 23/10/2008 06:52  

jus apoint about modern attitudes to money i havent got any heat on yet[i'm a tightwad!]ihave a open fire in the lounge burning scavenged wood[skips, pallets rom industrial estates]choppin wood outside makes you warm plus gettin a workout!!plus stripped to the waist to frighten the niegbours! any way i have friends[yes thats true!] there strugglin to make ends meet but insist on wanderin around the house wiv nxt to nothin on heat on full blast in every room i cant stand it there to fkn hot!!makes me ill,most of there time is spent on the sofa smoking an snackin junk an drinkin wine an beer,two cars [really not needed]latest phones[always on them gassin about f all!] with exspensive contracts latest sat nav not needed they dont go anywhere!! no attempt at all to cut back then moan about the gvt not doin enough to help them!!they cant help themselves its pathetic they think its there right to have it all!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 23/10/2008 12:17  

Have to say once again I agree with you about people like that. Buggar!! this is becoming a habit

Update Reply
Oggy @ 23/10/2008 12:20  

lol me too ! Blimey.. I think TM's gettin cynical in his later years !

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/10/2008 12:25  

if you say anything to them about saving on energy an stoppin smokin etc they look at you like yer mad![i am i spose]an start rantin about how the rich got everything an why shoudnt they have it to!!and how wearing a wooly jumper around the house is uncomfortable!! [is that right TC?]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 23/10/2008 12:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email