MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Plea for help re: RC's Charity Fun Day - D'oh!

Plea for help re: RC's Charity Fun Day - D'oh! - Forums [Biker Match] Plea for help re: RC's Charity Fun Day - D'oh! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Plea for help re: RC's Charity Fun Day - D'oh!

OK, so Plan A involved borrowing my parents' car (a Kangoo converted for wheelchair use), so I'd have plenty of space for 2 passengers, a marquee, a couple of tables, my display stuff & my jewellery stocks... and overnight bags if folk insisted on bringing them ;o)

Plan A is scrapped as the Kangoo is currently undriveable and won't be fixed until its service/MOT in a month or so. br>
So Plan B involved seeing whether or not there was any hope of doing it all in me little Ka.

Forget it!

Possibly with no passengers, I might just manage it. Even then it'd be a squeeze.

So Plan C...

Part (i) Is anyone going to RC's bash who has a marquee they could bring for us little stall-holders to use? Mine's a 6m x 3m jobbie and we figured it would be ideal for 3-4 stalls. But anything would help - even a gazebo type thing?

Or...

Part (ii) Is anyone going to RC's bash in a car/van from anywhere around say, the M25 area(ish) who could take the marquee up for me? I can meet up with you or drop it round to you on Weds or Thurs night after work.

Come on you lovely people - there must be someone out there willing to assist a damsel in distress? Or dat dress?

Pretty please, wi' a cherry on t'top? & stuff like that... ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 31/08/2008 16:07  

Oh... & Part Deux of the deep joys experienced today when every plan was shot to pieces, is that the instructions for the erection of said marquee have gone walkabout... so that's going to add to the fun & games! Hehehe! ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 31/08/2008 16:09  

Plan D could be for you to come up with a Ka-full of your stuff, and SKS to arrive armed with at least a gazebo. i had been planni g to go on the bike, but if things get desperate i could ask around about gazebos (gazebi?) and chuck it in the back of the MPV. Much as I'd like to help, Liverpool-Belper via Dartford is a bit too much of a detour, though

Update Reply
Wills @ 31/08/2008 17:48  

SKS?

A Russian semi-automatic carbine?

Or Some Kind Soul, perhaps?! lol

I think you may have a point... Liverpool-Belper via Dartford is possibly stretching a favour too far - but hey, it's the thought that counts! ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 31/08/2008 18:07  

Is there ant1 goin 2 belper nxt wk that rides near coventry n would like 2 have a tag on follw them up there, if there is drop me a pm plez, fanx

Update Reply
drobess @ 31/08/2008 18:27  

Le Bump.

Nobody else anywhere more local to the bash with a gazebo/party tent they could get down there for Saturday morning then?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 01/09/2008 17:56  

Hey Wannabe Ever thought about getting a roofrack? (for the car, not the put-put!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2008 05:04  

Do they even make roof racks for ickle Ka's? Don't have the time or the money to sort it this week anyway - & ordinarily, I just borrow Ma & Pa's car if I need something bigger. If I was travelling alone, it wouldn't be a problem - just push the back seats down & you'd be amazed at what you can fit into a Ka

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/09/2008 05:25  

Wot u do in the back of yr ka is yr own businss.... U could try tying the tent'gazebo to the roof. Ever used a strap-on?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2008 05:32  

Would you care to rephrase that?! *pleads the 5th*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/09/2008 05:45  

Sorted :o)

With ma-hussive thanks to Di & FBK...

Now all I have to do is try and work out how the devil to erect the blessed tent without the instructions. Perhaps I could devise a game around it and raise some extra cash for the charity?! Hehehe!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/09/2008 17:04  

Good to see you have it sorted Ohhhhh games Yeahhhh but we want the tent up

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2008 17:38  

It'll certainly be interesting... & if my Uncle didn't live flipping thousands of miles away, I'd be demanding that he come and put it up as it was he who assured me the instructions were in the box... GGGrrrrr! Hehehe! ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/09/2008 17:43  

He who?

Him who?

*tuts*

No wonder I only got a B in my English O-level ;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 02/09/2008 17:44  

I was going to say something about erections,but i probably won't bother.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2008 17:45  

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/09/2008 18:10  

Rics not that bothered he said it twice !!!!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/09/2008 18:11  

Perhaps he couldn't manage to get it up the first time.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2008 18:33  

Bit personal ain't it?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2008 18:38  

Most chaps have trouble with their first tent erection. It gets easier with practice.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/09/2008 18:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email