MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Wiggling the Foot (follow on from 'nod threads')

Wiggling the Foot (follow on from 'nod threads') - Forums [Biker Match] Wiggling the Foot (follow on from 'nod threads') - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Wiggling the Foot (follow on from 'nod threads')

I allas mek sure I pull over as far to the left as i can to let bikers through..and noticed that a few of them 'jiggled' their feet.. I have been told that this is an alternative the to 'thank you ' wave. I usedta fink they had aching ankles or sumfin.. lol So...are u a jiggler or a waver??

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/08/2008 06:50  

I understand The Foot Wavey thing was from the continent, where they ride on the wrong side of the road. Rumour has it that it's safer because you keep both hands on the controls or summat... It's just permeating our culture now, too.

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 19/08/2008 07:38  

Oh yes, tricky, riding one handed for a full second.

Update Reply
cliff @ 19/08/2008 09:22  

Well, Goldwing riders can't manage riding one-handed. Mind you, that's because they're already busy messing with the CD changer, heated grips, electric seat adjuster, cappucino machine etc etc.... Harley riders simply don't, because riding one-handed invalidates their insurance!!

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 19/08/2008 10:04  

Haha i ante going to bite on that one coz i got 3 !! wheels on my gold wing And that pic ante a Wing

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2008 12:06  

...Karey jiggling...cor!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/08/2008 13:21  

you datty ole man!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 19/08/2008 13:51  

oooerrr mista !! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 19/08/2008 14:11  

Well I neva!!! I have never seen it...ever...mainly caus i look at the Bikers Botty!!! well have to adjust me neck angle now to look at the Bikers Footy!! It's tough though to pull my eyes away from the....erm...rear

Update Reply
Silvi @ 20/08/2008 05:03  

It is indeed from the continent. It has evolved as a wave to say thank you for cars that move over to let the bike past as taking the hand off the throttle (remember they would be on the left as they overtake) isn't condusive to smooth overtaking. I have got so used to doing it now that I sometimes do it to say thank you to cars moving over when I am filtering (although to be fair they probably have no idea why I am doing it!)

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 20/08/2008 17:39  

aren,t the italians bothered about their sandals falling off ?

Update Reply
old red @ 20/08/2008 18:54  

Oh - hey. I wondered about that sticking the foot out thing. First observed it on Sunday and assumed it was because bikers are getting so much older these days - and with bikes getting smaller, then your legs get all squashed up so you have to stretch them out after you've done all that hard work changing gear and everything or you get thrombosis. Alternatively I thought it could be the equivalent of a "fingers" because bikes are so much faster than cars and can get past them so much easier. But that would be a bit impolite wouldn't it really????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2008 19:05  

and with bikes getting smaller, then your legs get all squashed up so you have to stretch them out after you've done all that hard work changing gear and everything or you get thrombosis. This is why we ride Cruisers!! Legs all nicely stretched out, all relaxed and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy ridin'!!!!! :D

Update Reply
ttaskmaster @ 21/08/2008 05:43  

i'll second that! an so will ricdude i spect!! wonder if he wiggles both feet or just two fingers probably!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 21/08/2008 06:15  

So i guess if you suffer from athletes foot, or something similar, other road users would simply perceive you as a paticularly friendly biker!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 21/08/2008 11:10  

Now i don't know if it;s because this thread has brought it to my attention, but in 27 years of riding, i've never seen or even heard of the foot wiggle acknowledgement thing.
That was until i was filtering through stationary traffic on the beloved M25, heading towards Dartford earlier today, when i moved over to let another rider pass, (who was obviously less concerned about vehicles suddenly changing lanes without indicating than i was!)
As he came past, there was a definite raising of the right foot in gratitude.

It made me laugh out loud, thinking how ironic the timing was!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 22/08/2008 16:48  

haha ...nice one Arfur ! ive jus had a vision of bikers doin the Oki Koki round the M25 ( rite leg in ..rite leg out..) *I'll get my coat.....

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/08/2008 05:25  

haha ...nice one Arfur ! ive jus had a vision of bikers doin the Oki Koki round the M25 ( rite leg in ..rite leg out..) *I'll get my coat.....

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/08/2008 05:25  

Yes tm60,i sometimes use two feet,even been known to use 2 fingers at times.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2008 13:56  

*impressed*

How'd Ricdude manage to get Karey to make an echo-post 2 days in advance?

;o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 25/08/2008 14:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email