MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Mike Todd found dead!

Mike Todd found dead! - Forums [Biker Match] Mike Todd found dead! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Mike Todd found dead!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/7...290359.stm I'm really shocked at this news story. Ch Cons Todd was a great guy, dedicated to his work and protecting people. I remember when he first started in GMP, as I was working there. I had several dealings with him, including working in his office for a couple of hours once. Having talked to him for a long time, I can safely say that he is a really nice guy with a good heart. A true, good police officer - sadly lost, and surely missed by many. RIP Mike.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/03/2008 14:35  

Here he is being tasered... http://video.news.sky.com/skynews/video/?&videoSour...7_0900.flv

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/03/2008 15:34  

Appalling. His family and colleagues must be devastated. My information is that the emergency services started looking for him yesterday afternoon in the Menai Straight near Y Felinheli before the search switched to Snowdonia. No doubt the reason why will all emerge in the fullness of time. Meantime RIP.

Update Reply
Wills @ 11/03/2008 15:48  

the fact they cant identify him means it must be bad. Im really shocked, cos he seems such a strong and happy person. He had a lot on his plate, especially after announcing job cuts in feb cos of lack of money in the force... but i didnt think it wud come to this. It really is a loss, anybody who has spoken to him privately will tell you the same. He's not just all smiles on TV, he's a genuine guy. And he had a hell of a task trying to clean up GMP after the clown before him left

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/03/2008 15:59  

just heard that he committed suicide & left notes to he's loved ones, not good news at all, his poor family

Update Reply
tagon @ 11/03/2008 16:22  

From the news that I've heard they have discovered several notes to loved ones. Seems as tho' the poor man committed suicide.

Update Reply
Di @ 11/03/2008 16:23  

Here's one to lighten your mood. Absolutely true story. Couple of friends, both gay, were at a reception somwhere in the North west. They thought they recognised the big guy with a beard, but couldn't think where from. Then the penny dropped. Of couse, he was the proprietor of a gay bar in Manchester they used to frequent. Emboldened by this knowledge, they went over to introduce themselves. 'We know you, don't we? You're the manager of The Mincing Queen off Deansgate, aren't you?' The explosion that followed measured about nine on the richter scale. 'I...AM...THE...CHIEF...CONSTABLE...OF...GREATER...MANCHESTER...' Whoops!

Update Reply
Wills @ 11/03/2008 16:23  

hahaha, that'll be the last guy (idiot) so its quite funny. Have they confirmed it's him yet? They can't identify the body, and they can't say its suicide without an investigation by the coroner

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/03/2008 17:00  

Indeed it was. Of course, from a stritly legal point of view, they can't say Mike Todd's death was suicide until after an inquest. But people in the know are obviously dropping hints, and apparently some mobile phone calls from the Menai Straight area gave cause for concern - see earlier posting.

Update Reply
Wills @ 11/03/2008 17:09  

Gosh, what awful news...I am thinking of his poor loved ones, friends and family at a dreadful time like this! God bless and RIP x

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 11/03/2008 17:14  

only if im correct in saying that it is suicide the sad very sad thing is that such an upstanding character, good and a god conciouse soul, which is whom he was, has found him in such circumstances that he has thought himself better off dead. is this selfish, suicide is spoken of selfish, nobody not nobody can vouch of the individuals state of mind when one takes their own life, eg, dont comment until you have walked a mile in their shoes. just so very very very very sad. RIP

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 11/03/2008 18:26  

he had to leave his family home tho to live in a flat in manchester... suppose that may have caused family problems, which over the course of 6 years may have caused to irriversable damage to his marriage. You never know, but what's for sure is that this is one cop we (you lol) as the people wanted alive... he has done lots for people's safety in Britain, and i'm sure had lots more left in him to give. Real shame - shame it wasn't Brunstrom (Or however u spell his name).

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/03/2008 19:53  

yeah he wouldnt have been missed so much

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 12/03/2008 11:22  

latest: yep it was Mr Todd, they now think he died of hypothermia and he didnt jump he had been drinking rather a lot of spirits and this probably ment he passed out through tiredness and was taken in his sleep. ( i have a mate in mountain rescue who enlightened me) The coroner stated that he died from no obvious cause....ie injury related to fall/jump etc and the most likely cause was hypothermia. Ive no doubt he will be missed, he seemed like a proper, genuine copper and not like that twit in north wales!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 14/03/2008 13:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email