MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Phone scam

Phone scam - Forums [Biker Match] Phone scam - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Phone scam

Dont know if anyone is aware of this but just got email at work about it...for your info - If you receive a phone call on your mobile from any person, saying that he or she is a company engineer, or telling you that they're checking your mobile line, and you have to press #90 or #09 or any other number, end this call immediately without pressing any numbers. There is a fraud company using a device that once you press #90 or #09 they can access your "SIM" card and make calls at your expense.

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 20/09/2007 17:44  

Thanks for the warning D C. I'm on pay as you go and rarely got any credit on so they won't get far, besides I don't answer a call if there's no name with the number, means I don't know them anyway.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/09/2007 17:52  

yeah, i have heard of this scam too,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2007 18:00  

dammit, I've been rumbled lol Shocking what people do to others nowadays. Prison is too good for them etc etc etc

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 20/09/2007 18:04  

thanks for the warning DC, i will tell my daughters about this as one of them has had funny phone calls, but she hangs everytime. if i get calls & i dont no the phone i dont answer it.

Update Reply
tagon @ 20/09/2007 18:20  

Don't mean to spoil this for you - but its another joke mail. These emails are made to see how far they will get. It's just Spam. Nobody can ever access your mobile over the network, even your mobile network provider. This is another scare tactic, and someone out there is laughing their heads off!

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/09/2007 04:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email