MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

High temp exhaust paint - recommendations

High temp exhaust paint - recommendations - Forums [Biker Match] High temp exhaust paint - recommendations - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

High temp exhaust paint - recommendations

Looking for some high temp exhaust paint, matt black if poss. Everything I've used in the past (going back a few years) never lasts despite careful prep. Any recommendations, is PJ-1 as good as they make it out to be?

TIA,

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/12/2013 16:48  

HI RD
When i had A HONDA PAN 1100 THE The collector box would rust up so I used some black barbecue paint I whis ok for that

Ray

Update Reply
BigRay @ 20/12/2013 18:53  

Have you tried 'blackboard' paint? I remember reading an article years ago that said it was ok.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 21/12/2013 18:57  

Barbecue paint sounds like a good alternative, probably find it at a local hardware store, not so sure about the blackboard paint but I guess it's probably cheap enough to buy just to try.

Thanks for the suggestions.

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/12/2013 21:13  

Barby paint is a good option But get the zorst hot 1st If it's off the bike, stick a blowlamp down it

Update Reply
Emzed @ 21/12/2013 21:26  

Thanks for the tip Emzed

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2013 09:54  

You're welcome RD Let us know how you get on BTW, I have used PJ 1 "Satin Black" On an engine and some handlebar switches for a Yam SR 250 (pics on me profile) I was pleased with the results

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/12/2013 12:56  

Might be worth the £15 price on Fleabay then I'll look at BBQ paint prices first and see how I'm fixed, thanks again.

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/12/2013 17:37  

I always use B&Q Stove/BBQ paint.

Make sure you wait for eat layer to cure before adding another.

Halfords black heat paint dries grey!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/12/2013 22:37  

Have used PJ 1 aerosol paint on a majesty scoot exhaust and ducati crankcase.....worth every penny...doesnt discolour, peel or move at all.......not sure of getting your can hot and applying bbq paint though.....surely the bristles on your brush would melt...or if aerosol, be very dangerous?

Update Reply
agnostini04 @ 28/12/2013 12:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email