MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

A Billion

A Billion - Forums [Biker Match] A Billion - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

A Billion

This is too true to be funny.The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians' spending YOUR tax money.A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in one of its releases. A.A billion seconds ago it was 1959.B.A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.C.A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age. D.A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.E. A billion Pounds ago was only 13 hours and 12 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.Stamp DutyTobacco TaxCorporate Income TaxIncome Tax Council TaxUnemployment TaxFishing License TaxPetrol/Diesel TaxInheritance Tax(tax on top of tax)Alcohol TaxV.A.T.Marriage License TaxProperty TaxService charge taxesSocial Security TaxVehicle License Registration TaxVehicle Sales TaxWorkers Compensation TaxSTILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world.We had absolutely no national debt.We had the largest middle class in the world. Mum stayed home to raise the kids, Dad was allowed to discipline kids, a criminal's life was uncomfortable. What the hell happened? 'Political Correctness', Politicians or both?

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 17/05/2013 18:22  

Well done for putting this up Ragner, x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2013 10:52  

where's my cut...eh?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 18/05/2013 13:37  

I'd love to stay at home and bring up my children, rather than shouting at them in the mornings "com'on, mummy's got to get to work" .. I've akways wirked that's all my children have ever known !! ..
Jinx that'll be "lost" in the system .. Well done Ragner :-D

Update Reply
Flumpy76 @ 07/06/2013 16:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email