MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Germany Run Date/costs idea

Germany Run Date/costs idea (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Germany Run Date/costs idea (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Germany Run Date/costs idea

So...... sail on the 10.25am crossing - P&O Ferries, Dover to Calais, Sunday 17th April. Stay in Adenau for 6 nights - Sunday 17th - Friday 22nd April inclusive. (Awaiting details of hotel and final cost). Awaiting details of ferry crossing from Calais to Dover - Saturday 23rd April - Chris, any idea as to which crossing time? Good idea Shaz - a group booking for the hotel gives confirmation as to those going.

Update Reply
DaftUn @ 08/01/2011 12:15  

Thanx for that, when we get confirmation from Chris I'll contact you again to see if you've booked yourself on the ferry both ways. Shaz

Update Reply
Bat @ 08/01/2011 17:01  

ok me birthday today so short on time will send Pm's tom :) Want to get this sorted next week so we all know what's happening, I have booked the time off so will be going regardless

Update Reply
madscots @ 09/01/2011 21:02  

Sail on the 10.25am crossing - P&O Ferries, Dover to Calais, Sunday 17th April.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Onroad Café Hauptstrasse 11, 53518 Adenau, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany <o:p></o:p> Prices in euros which includes breakfast only (group not big enough for all inclussive)<o:p></o:p> Rooms with 1 or 2 beds: 30 pp per night<o:p></o:p> Rooms with 3 beds: 27,50 pp per night<o:p></o:p> Rooms with bunk beds (4 up to 8): 17,50 pp per night<o:p></o:p> During the week they have a small menu, but in the village are enough restaurants where you can eat<o:p></o:p> Stay in Adenau for 5 nights, Sunday 17th - Friday 22nd April <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Friday 22nd April to Saturday 23rd April stay at :-<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <F...NT><o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> http://www.grd.be/bikersloft/...htm <o:p> </o:p> This is only and hour or so from the ferry port and is a fantastic place to stay at, it also means you don’t have a massive long day in terms of mileage to get to ferry then onwards to home. <o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Dover - Saturday 23rd April 11am crossing (I went to check the posted time and the damn P&O site is down)<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Does that sound a plan ? <o:p> </o:p> I’m thinking if we do it this way then everyone can just book it (once I get info from P&O site). I’m thinking I will post meeting times at several points on 17th with the final one at petrol station as you enter Dover from moterway. <o:p> </o:p> This way if somene has to drop out or wants to extend their hols elswhere they can with out affecting the rest of the group. <o:p> </o:p> It will once the hassle of booking is done be a fantastic bike holiday

Update Reply
madscots @ 12/01/2011 02:33  

well,we are still up for it.might stop overnight on the way down saturday at maidstone services

Update Reply
pondlife @ 12/01/2011 11:23  

I'll be heading Down Sat afternoon into evening also to split mileage up

Update Reply
madscots @ 12/01/2011 14:16  

P&O Outward Dover-Calais 17th April 10.25 Return Calais-Dover 23rd April 11.20 Motorcycle £70 return http://www.poferries.com/tourist/bookJourney.html Matt is from Veldhoven (Holland) and have sent a Pm as he said if it could be arranged we go to his for a barbie . If this were to happen I was thinking either to go to his second last night or the last night. If we do it also then we can all chip in for beer/food I'm more leaning to second last night as it is still a long journey from his to ferry and rather not have the hassle as the moterwayys can get very busy. I stayed in 2009 at Antwerp and missed the ferry due to being held up on the very busy roads. As long as the ferry is booked then the rest is optional I have sent the "I'm going" lot a pm if I have missed you please Pm me and I'll send message on.

Update Reply
madscots @ 12/01/2011 14:47  

thats me book p&o ferry im going yipeeee

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 12/01/2011 20:39  

YesMadscots/Crimmypaneurojim/pilion(maybe)Whackojacko/pilly available pondlife/fallen angel Loon-on-a-bike laimdan/Blackberry Acrazybiker/DaftUn Bats Maybeoldyeti Shell n Mr P BL Chiseltattoos Matt Pilion seat needed !

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 12/01/2011 23:37  

Just to get it right,we book the ferry now.Do we need to book accommodation now or just turn up?? Madscots,I'll e mail you shortly with phone number e mail address etc. Maidstone is roughly 3/4 distance from Bristol to Dover so going to stop in travelodge there overnight saturday then it's only a short blat in the morning,no need to get up too early lol

Update Reply
pondlife @ 13/01/2011 05:16  

OK guys, thats me booked on ferry too. Lets hope the frogs dont go on strike.

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 13/01/2011 10:00  

Ferry booked!!

Update Reply
pondlife @ 13/01/2011 10:35  

Just let everyone that's going that I've also booked the ferry!!

Update Reply
Bat @ 13/01/2011 11:22  

Me and Neil (laimdan) are booked on the ferry (hope its the right one ) and room booked at the Medway Travelodge for the Saturday night....!!!
Can't wait

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 13/01/2011 19:52  

thanks for sorting that BB,just need to sort a passport out now

Update Reply
laimdan @ 13/01/2011 20:10  

Hi all could you send me a Pm with what type of room you need in Germany Will we do Holland last night or Belgium folks ?

Update Reply
madscots @ 13/01/2011 20:54  

As you suggested Belgium best for last night, as closer to the ferry.

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 13/01/2011 21:14  

From the Pm's everyone has sent that Belgium is the place to be on last night SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Sunday 17th April sail on the 10.25am crossing - P&O Ferries, Dover to Calais, 4 nights in Germany 1 night in Holland 1 night in Belgium Please book your night 22nd April http://www.grd.be/bikersloft/eng/default.htm Return Calais-Dover 23rd April 11.20 In Germany I have a guide sorted for taking us on some really good roads and to look after us . Holland is a Barbie courtesy of Matt and some beers, he said plenty room at his so I think that's fab. Biker loft is one of a kind and you park your bike outside your own hotel door but it's still inside . It has a fab bar and usualy has live bands on at weekends sometimes. Hope this all sounds good to everyone

Update Reply
madscots @ 13/01/2011 22:27  

Chris that sounds excellent, and thanks Matt for putting us up , will book the bikerloft for 22nd now!

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 13/01/2011 22:39  

I have booked all mine now also just need to tell mate in Germany hotel what rooms we need and all done I just need to sort what to do on 16th as coming down with 3 bikes and 4 people. Choices choices

Update Reply
madscots @ 13/01/2011 22:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email