MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Germany Run Date/costs idea

Germany Run Date/costs idea (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Germany Run Date/costs idea (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Germany Run Date/costs idea

This will be my first ever trip abroad on a bike - I am soooooooooo excited!! YesMadscots/Crimmypaneurojim/pilion(maybe)Whackojacko/pilly available pondlife/fallen angel Loon-on-a-bike laimdan Acrazybiker/DaftUn Maybeoldyeti Shell n Mr P Bats BL Chiseltattoos Pilion seat needed

Update Reply
DaftUn @ 28/12/2010 18:57  

Looks like the numbers are building up nicely Probably already enough I was looking for about 10 bikes or more, I think it's gonna be great fun and well chuffed a lot of you have pilions. Anyone got room for a couple of us from Scotland to kip over Sat night (Dover is 450 miles) ?

Update Reply
madscots @ 28/12/2010 22:04  

I am more than happy for you to stay at mine in Leicester it's a village location and you would probably be able to get the bikes round the back of my place too, but you would have to kip on the floor I'm afraid ...and the good thing about it is that I'm only a couple of miles from junction 20 of the M1.
Sharon

Update Reply
Bat @ 29/12/2010 13:45  

i have room for bikes and people at mine just south of m42/m40 junction and a garage that will fit a few bikes

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2010 14:33  

Thanks both If it means I/we don't have to waste money on a B&B I'll kip anywhere lol. Means other bikers can meet us in morning at M1 services also so arrive together if they wish. Suprised no one has asked for pilion seat as most seam to be sorted. The more and more time goes by the more this seams to be coming together. The amount of emails I have offering help or wanting to be involved is amazing. This is gonna be some run

Update Reply
madscots @ 29/12/2010 21:30  

YesMadscots/Crimmypaneurojim/pilion(maybe)Whackojacko/pilly available pondlife/fallen angel Loon-on-a-bike laimdan Acrazybiker/DaftUn Maybeoldyeti Shell n Mr P Bats BL Chiseltattoos Pilion seat needed

Update Reply
madscots @ 29/12/2010 21:32  

YesMadscots/Crimmypaneurojim/pilion(maybe)Whackojacko/pilly available pondlife/fallen angel Loon-on-a-bike laimdan Acrazybiker/DaftUn Bats Maybeoldyeti Shell n Mr P BL Chiseltattoos Pilion seat needed

Update Reply
Bat @ 30/12/2010 17:12  

11 people woot woot

Update Reply
madscots @ 01/01/2011 22:40  

How about looking into getting some bike stickers or patches for this? There are some custom patch makers about with no minimum order quantities about that seem cheap enough,probably only a couple of quid per patch/sticker

Update Reply
pondlife @ 03/01/2011 07:46  

Thanks to the royal wedding I am struggling to get time off work :-(

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 03/01/2011 07:58  

Is that THE royal wedding or William and Kate's?

Update Reply
pondlife @ 03/01/2011 08:03  

hi, dont shoot me here cos im new, but i thought you would like to know about the dates suggested, and a possiblilty of slightly better dates....

the 22nd, 25th, 29th of April and the 2nd of May are all bank hoilidays, therefore if you book it from the 22nd to the 2nd, you will only need to book 3 days of the normal working week and get 11 days off!

i as say...just a thought

Update Reply
mungybear @ 03/01/2011 12:37  

I was looking at going away for my birthday (28th april) and was looking into france or germanys nurburg ring/black forrest. I think you have just made my mind up

Im going to France if your all going to Germany. :)

Update Reply
coster83 @ 03/01/2011 17:11  

Pondlife never thought about that anyone else interested ? Still waiting to hear back from hotel wish they'd get move on Coster u'll be ok then as we'll be in France for about 40 mins lol

Update Reply
madscots @ 03/01/2011 17:50  

Well campers I got an email tonight saying that the hotel happy to take us but wanted numbers so have passed on who said yes They should come back to me asap with a costing per head and jobs a good un. getting excited now lol

Update Reply
madscots @ 06/01/2011 23:31  

I'm up for it. And you should all come by my house for a night also, BBQ at Matt's house in Holland (I'm not far from German/Belgian border in the south).
I need to know if my hernia will be fixed by then, see if I can get an operation sorted before you guys go. YesMadscots/Crimmypaneurojim/pilion(maybe)Whackojacko/pilly available pondlife/fallen angel Loon-on-a-bike laimdan Acrazybiker/DaftUn Bats Maybeoldyeti Shell n Mr P BL Chiseltattoos Matt Pilion seat needed

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/01/2011 23:55  

thats ok (bank hols days off) if you have a job which gives you bank holidays off, some of us it`s just a normal work day, in fact almost imposible to swap off with anybody who has it as a day off, because their other halfs/kids are normally off. guess this is just life!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 07/01/2011 10:59  

Chris, I need to get sorted soon, so are we paying a deposit, full amount or pay when we arrive?? Shaz

Update Reply
Bat @ 07/01/2011 15:47  

I was thinking a deposit for the hotel and either A you book your own ferry or B I organise a group booking and you pay me (but wouldn't book until all paid) Ideas ?

Update Reply
madscots @ 07/01/2011 18:06  

Chris,

I don't mind either just need confirmation on the times when we are going across on the ferry!! We would probably be best thinking about it a group booking then we would know then who is definately going.

We need some sort of contact to send deposits etc...

Shaz

Update Reply
Bat @ 08/01/2011 10:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email