MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Suggestions to improve BM

Suggestions to improve BM (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Suggestions to improve BM (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Suggestions to improve BM

just designing a "I'm with the Bluenose" T-shirt for you..

I have 1 already it says 'i'm with stupid' with a pointin hand

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/01/2010 00:26  

Yeah, I know, but the hand is pointing up BJ... PMSL....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2010 00:33  

Hey Matt....what about giving the person who has submitted an event (that has then subsequently been approved by a mod) some autonomy over that event? - ie the submitter can go back in & edit the event description or cancel it even (add cancelled to the event title) without having to go via a mod? Also - what about said event submitter being able to send a group PM (as opposed to numerous individual PM's) to those who have their names down for the event? ie to set up meeting places or anything - rather than 'having' to start a new topic that may get buried or missed by the attendees? Or alternatively once the event is on the calendar - give the event submitter an option button on the event to let the attendees know that a topic has been started regarding the event to dicuss it? Or...or.....how about linking the event to the discussion topic ? ie once the event's on the event's page, there being a button that you can click that will take you to the discussion topic about it (if there is one)?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 20/01/2010 08:32  

Great idea Stella and save loads of time too

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 20/01/2010 08:39  

thanks Nut - I woke up at half midnight last night with that in me head!! ...have also edited it with some other ideas lol

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 20/01/2010 08:50  

Hmmm.... editing event details after submission? ... What about when someone cops the strop? You'd end up with all sorts of stupid stuff plastered over the calendar!

At least when they spit the dummy now, it's only the forum that suffers and there's plenty of moderators with access to edit it off the forum. As far as I understand it, it's only Matt that can alter events once they're up?

Group messaging would be a useful tool though, when you're trying to make fine adjustments to the meeting spot or whatever

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/01/2010 10:23  

Lou - I only mean for the person who has submitted the event to be able to edit it - as in change of times or venue or if it's cancelled - not for everyone to edit it.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 20/01/2010 10:36  

Yep I know... but even those who submit an event can spit the dummy.

I'm not suggesting that everyone's prone to it, but all it takes is 1 drama queen to wreak havoc!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/01/2010 10:50  

I love the site and love the people well most! well done Matt.

I wont be using some of the bells and whistles though its personal choice so I know they are on offer if I want them.

The main reason for me not using the e mail system is purely because of the name. I am not critisising Bikermatch as a name but I wouldnt want many people to get the wrong impression of me using Dating sites. Not that I see anything wrong with dating sites but others do. I know thats its more a social site but just by people seeing 'moonstone@bikermatch' they will assume its a dating site fullstop. Especially my mom and kids and sisters hehe!

Good idea about the pics in chatroom me thinks, as I feel guilty if i have to click on peeps profiles to see whom I am chatting with. Then they see I been looking at em... they might think I fancy them and though BJ is very nice I do not fancy her sorry BJ rofl
Moon xx

Update Reply
moonstone @ 20/01/2010 13:40  

Good point moon about the e-mail addy. I also think you should get rid of the nod thing. A complete waste of code IMO. a lot simpler and a lot less ambiguous just to pm someone. Might even get a reply to a pm although i wouldn't hold your breath.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 20/01/2010 13:49  

bring the wink back, i miss winking

Update Reply
julie j @ 20/01/2010 15:13  

Wink or nod, same thing to me. I don't send them or answer them. If you like someone enough that you feel inclined to wink/nod at them. Why wouldn't you just PM them to say hi? I just don't see it.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 20/01/2010 15:43  

I used to think it was exciting receiving a wink. but a nod is more friendly thanksaying cor i fancy you. you can nod to same sex people as a friend but if i winked i might get my face scratched. Anyhow I think this is on another thread somwhere in the bowels of BM
so topically and typically can we have nids instead?

Update Reply
moonstone @ 20/01/2010 15:47  

Moon i am gutted i have been saving myself just for you wanders off aimlessley into the darkness

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/01/2010 16:08  

Glad most of you find the site easy to use, it's reassuring. Re the events - I wont allow them to be edited for various reasons, and the event shouldn't need to be edited anyone once it's up there. If it needs cancelling then myself or Kwak can do that. WB is right about people spitting their dummies out, hence you can't edit your forum post after 20 minutes either. Sending group messages to all those in an event is a good idea though. Linking to the relevant forum topic isn't possible though, because the site doesn't know which forum topic is relevant automatically (you end up relying on user-input which inevitably goes wrong). If necessary just bung a link in the event description. I did suggest in the past that we should add a discussion to the bottom of each event page, but that idea was shot down by almost evereyone. Chatroom photos are a good idea, I'm gonna get right onto that (Watch the website issues forum). And 3,000+ nods every week say that the nods stay!

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/01/2010 17:15  

I have emailed you with this Matt ... its something that you said you would look into a while ago ...but you have not mentioned it since We have the PM's ... is there any chance you can sort out 1. that when deleting PM's from the past & your on say page 6 & delete 1 pm ... stop it going back to page 1 ? 2. come up with a check box so that you can delete 3, 4, 5, 10 PM's at once ? Thanks

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/01/2010 17:23  

added photos to chatroom!

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/01/2010 17:27  

deleting PMs now takes you back to the page you was on. The checkbox thing will take me a little longer to do though, so I'll do it another time (only on my laptop now and I need my PC workstation to do more complex stuff)

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/01/2010 17:33  

Just becouse people send nods doesn't make them any more relevent. 3000 nod from how many members matt? If someone sends a nod and gets one back wot they gonna do? nothing or get in touch. Why not just get in touch without #issing about sending nods. just summat else to slow the site down.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 20/01/2010 17:41  

Some people like to test the water 1st blue, if you dont get a nod back then you know not to pursue it & its less of a let down than emailing & getting no reply. ppppppsssstttttt Matt ... the delete thingy doesnt work, its still going back to page 1

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 20/01/2010 17:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email