MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Best, Worst, Funniest thats happened while on your bike

Best, Worst, Funniest thats happened while on your bike  (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Best, Worst, Funniest thats happened while on your bike  (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Best, Worst, Funniest thats happened while on your bike

Aya Aye Capt !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2013 08:56  

That's a good idea!!!

Not that I have a bike to maintain . . . . .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2013 12:06  

It'll be open to "spectators" BttB You never know what you might learn Or when it might come in handy So get there if you can

Update Reply
Emzed @ 13/09/2013 15:35  

"That commercial was presented for you by EMZED Engineering!!"
Meanwhile: Back on topic....

So it was 1976 and OJ was celebrating his 28th. Birthday along with a loada mates and girlies in the local Parish Hall. About 9:30 OJ, now very much the worse for wear, decides to nip home and get some more 45s ( a bit like CDs only bigger!). Rolled the Norton Caff Racer out of the car park, kicked it over and it kicked back and I landed in the road! Five of my mates....my very best mates...ran out and picked the bike up leaving me still lying in the road! Ho hum....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2013 19:34  

ROFL! OJ! sorry just couldnt stop myself ...

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 13/09/2013 21:43  

Top mates you have/had there OJ . .I mean it!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2013 12:08  

Funniest ,,,,, on the concorde rally few of us had a ride out up towards dolgalue reservoir in the welsh hills all on bonnies our loosly termed leader went flying down this track till he pulls up sharp theres a mound of gravel blocking a farmers field 3 at the back didnt see it ,,,,,,, 3 bonnies ramped into a hedge pmsl,,,,,,,,,, best bit doent think iv had it yet ,,,,,, worse bit oct 22 last year loads more to come ooooooo yes

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/09/2013 15:22  

Two years ago, filtering through traffic on my commute bike(GPZ500S) i maneuvered to the right of the traffic into the hatched area, a pedestrian with two carrier bags walks from between stationary cars into the hatched area directly into my path, I hit the brakes in a panic just managing to swerve around her without turning too quickly on the accumulated gravel in the hatched area, the rear of the bike slid around to the right a little before coming to a halt, for a moment I thought I was going to drop it, a little shook up I looked around to see if she was ok.... It was my ex wife!! who I hadn't seen for over twenty years!
Carrying on with my journey I had a little chuckle to myself, what if I had run her down, what explanation could I have given, even worse.. could have ended up in hospital beds together!

Update Reply
cuzzie @ 20/09/2013 20:32  

cuzzie, even worse.. could have ended up in hospital beds together

Could have been fun talking over old times

Update Reply
davidneale @ 20/09/2013 20:36  

Ahem....., I have something I need to get off my chest - a confession of sorts I suppose, and a source of embarrassment for sure!
On a Saturday in May this year, I picked up my shiny new CBR600F, and rode around happily and steadily in the sunshine, just getting a few miles on it and also getting a feel for it. I did a couple of hundred miles, washed the dead bugs off it, and locked it up in the shed. So far so good.... The next day dawned, and being a Sunday meant I had the chance to do the same thing again, which suited me fine! I left home on it, and within 5 minutes I was laying at the side of a busy dual carriageway unable to move, with my lovely 2 day old bike on its side a few yards further up the road! The accident happened on a sliproad that joins a dual carriageway, and there were 3 cars in front of me, all of which could join the road as there was nothing coming. For some inexplicable reason, the car at the front almost stopped instead of simply accelerating onto the completely clear dual carriageway, and I'm ashamed to say it caught me out and I ran into the back of the car in front of me. The damage to the bike was all cosmetic, but still cost my insurers over £1500, and the damage to me was a deeply bruised lower back, despite wearing a back protector! I suppose an accident was inevitable, cos I passed my bike test in 1983, and whilst I haven't had a bike on the road continuously since then, I haven't ever been away from it for long. I've clocked up many thousands of miles in all weather conditions, and have never had an accident or an off, just a few near misses! Going into work after that weekend and being subjected to the opinions of my "sympathetic" workmates was definitely a low point in my life, but hey, I lived to tell the tale and to get my own back on the guys at work....!

Update Reply
Purplebikerboy @ 20/09/2013 21:28  

Purplebikerboy,

You do get a lot of numpties who don't know how to enter a dual carraigeway and I don't suppose you will be the last to get out that way. I have had a few similar near misses

Update Reply
davidneale @ 20/09/2013 21:32  

@davidneale - the worst thing was, the driver who caused it was blissfully unaware and just drove off! Grrrr...!

Update Reply
Purplebikerboy @ 20/09/2013 21:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email