MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Best, Worst, Funniest thats happened while on your bike

Best, Worst, Funniest thats happened while on your bike  (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Best, Worst, Funniest thats happened while on your bike  (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Best, Worst, Funniest thats happened while on your bike

So come on who's next

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/09/2013 08:53  

I was giving someone a lift years ago, on my GS550. I stopped at the roundabout by Leeds castle in Kent. Saw a gap in the traffic, gave a big handful of throttle and roared off. All of a sudden, my friends feet were up , under my armpits and his head was hitting my numberplate!!!!! I was P*****G myself. What I did not know was that he was waving to a girl in a car and not holding on..............

Update Reply
planekrazy @ 10/09/2013 10:42  

Nice one PK

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/09/2013 11:06  

Dropped my bike at the Whitby bike night last year. The Whistle stop car park is a steep slope. Never bothered parking in gear before.... bloody miracle though it never took any more with it.

Lots of helpful hands and advice, but nothing makes up for your dented pride......................... and embarrassment

By a miracle, the bike landed on handlebar and edge of indicator....no damage at all.

Other than that.....................only the Turkey incident really

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 10/09/2013 12:59  

Back in the good old days i was a mod to start with bought myself a nice little vespa gs anyway a friend and i went for a ride trying to look like jack the lad slowed down approaching a bus stop where some nice female type persons were waiting for a bus showing off opened the throttle as far as it would go and bike stood up on back wheel leaving my friend in the road in the way of an approaching bus i managed to control the bike wiped the seat clean while my friend was trying to run away from the bus.had to dry the front of my trousers afterwards but couldn't stop laughing.Probably looked a right prat.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 10/09/2013 17:24  

Ohhhhh forgot this one on Sunday.

While I was in Scotland, took a detour to Bo'Ness to have a look at the steam railway.

Some guy in a little vintage sports car in front....

OSM Observation, signal , manoeuvre

Signalled, shoulder check and gooooooooooo except when I went to go as I looked back from the shoulder check, he wasn't there.

In that split second of doing my life saver, he had zipped into a layby and was just coming to a halt.

So, yeah, not yer everyday experience.

(If you ever visit the BoNess, railway, order yourself a Scottish full breakfast. I couldn't finish it....and I can eat !!!!'

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 10/09/2013 19:23  

I remember the first motorbike i had it was a 175 bantam had some good fun on it until that faithfull day. I was giving a young lady a lift coming down the road to a T junction going a little too fast i stepped on the back brake only for the rod to brake it twisted round the wheel i tried to keep control of the bike but couldn't shot straight across the junction hit the curb bike stopped i took off and landed in an old ladies garden she came running out and told me to get out of her garden,in the mean time the young lady i was with went rolling off down the road when i had pulled my self to-gether the young lady said i don't want to go out with you anymore i couldn't fathom out why.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 11/09/2013 09:27  

GL Blue, The young lady obviously had no sense of adventure

<wordtidy style="background-color: rgb(204, 204, 204);"> </wordtidy>

Update Reply
davidneale @ 11/09/2013 12:14  

David she had no tights left either

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 11/09/2013 12:16  

I won't ask about that one

Update Reply
davidneale @ 11/09/2013 12:21  

David we didn't have any leathers and when she flew off the bike she scuffed her backside and knees and thats where she left part of her tights.if it had been as you thought blimey would i have been lucky

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 11/09/2013 12:27  

Nearly forgot the last splutter of the vespa,a nice sunny sunday afternoon there i was giving the bike a wash and brushup and thought i know i'll take the head off and give it a decoke so there i was head nice and clean top of the piston done,started to put it back to-gether out the head back on put the four long nuts and bolts back did hand tight before torquing them up when mum shouts dinners ready so i dropped everything and went in,after came back to the bike looked at the head forgot i hadn't tightened the bolts tried to start it and bang the head shot passed me big cloud of smoke and scooter died there and then.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 12/09/2013 09:29  

Poor old Vespa. A lot of my friends had scooters which included Vespa. Do you remember the fashion of having a really high sissy bar and the pillion laid right back trying to look cool. Well many a time I saw involuntary wheelies due to the nature of the Vespa and a couple of times the scooters went completely over backwards. It didn't look so cool in front of a load of other Mods and even less if the rockers were around.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 12/09/2013 17:50  

Out on my lickle 125 when I was a newbie biker 30 yrs ago and with the Bradford University Motorcycle Club - when all of a sudden I was falling off and on the floor ! They picked me up and inspected my bike .....one of them shouted ' there's no oil in it Jood!' -

No one told me ya had to put oil in the sucker and it had seized !!

Ya live and learn ...............

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/09/2013 18:08  

Hey Jood
Where you going with that oil can in your hand.

Hey Jood
Don't you know you should mess about with a bike sometimes.

Hey Jood
It looks like you just took your motor down.

Hey Jood

Sorry I couldn't resist But we only do that sort of thing once

My Grandad used to say " leave well alone.
When I was 17, I decided to strip down my first bike, not knowing how it worked or how to put it back together. There wasn't actually anything wrong with it, but I thought I could make it go better. The only change I made was to convert a perfectly good 6 month old bike into a pile of bits.
My Grandad was good at motors etc and he helped me get it back together, but only after giving me a real hard time.
I learnt something that day. Yes "leave well alone" Appart from good servicing

Update Reply
davidneale @ 12/09/2013 22:10  

Yo David - you pickin' on me !! I know a bit more about bikes now of course - I can do petrol filling and chain lubing
Was just talking the other day about going to a bike maintenance course - anyone done one ??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/09/2013 22:27  

I was going to do another "newbies" maintenance day @ Squires if there's enough interest

Update Reply
Emzed @ 12/09/2013 22:36  

Only pulling your leg Jood.

Emzed, I am sure you should get some punters for that.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 12/09/2013 22:54  

Emzed I would DEF be up for that !! Good thing to concentrate on coming into winter as well ...... Lemme know when !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2013 07:55  

I'll put something together this month if I can Jood It depends on"available dates" when nothing else is on Also whether Squires will be agreeable to us having it there again We held the last one there which was well attended & well received It will also be dependent on the weather too Look out for a forum topic

Update Reply
Emzed @ 13/09/2013 08:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email