MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Scotland Ride 13th August – The Galloway Quickie

Scotland Ride 13th August – The Galloway Quickie - Forums [Biker Match] Scotland Ride 13th August – The Galloway Quickie - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Scotland Ride 13th August – The Galloway Quickie

<wordtidy>
There’s a Second Sunday of a second month coming up so, for those who are up for it, the ride will be Motorcycle Scotland’s Galloway Quickie route; http://www.motorcyclescotland.com/routes/galloway-quickie/ but in reverse direction and with some adjustments – notably NOT starting or finishing at, or even visiting, Moffat.

MEET #1 Abington Service Area at junction of A702 and M74 (Jn 13) ready for 11:15 departure. We’ll take the A7076 service road instead of the motorway down to Moffat but not go into the town; instead follow the A701 to Dumfries where we’ll head to:

MEET #2 Cuckoo Bridge Retail Park, DG2 8BF to meet anyone joining from the south/southwest. Not planning much of a stop here, hoping we’ll get here around 12:10 and away again by 12:20 so best let me know if you’ll be joining us here.

Thereafter we follow the Galloway Quickie so please have a look at the route, but I’ll brief everyone each time we set off. If it’s a good day I’m thinking of lunch on the coast between Dumfries and Dalbeattie, feel free to bring sandwiches and sit watching the sea if you don’t fancy pub grub.</wordtidy>
<wordtidy>We’ll take the rest of the route (A713 along Loch Ken to Dalry, A702 to Thornhill and continuing up the Dalveen Pass back to Abington) in stages with breaks and fuel stops as required/requested/available lol. </wordtidy>

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 22/07/2017 19:21  

Bump and the weather is looking promising.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 11/08/2017 21:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email